First of all, it would have been nice if you have paid for the visitor parking permit you have asked me to purchase. Not only it is the cost, but it take me 2 hours to get it. As a result, I am not going to be buying it for any guests anymore.
Second, the backyard is not overgrown and we do not plant flowers there. it is only rose and other bushes and they are just starting to bloom now, so of course it seemed bare at the time at the time you were here, but absolutely not overgrown! The patio gets painted every spring, we are actually will be doing it shortly.
Third, the mattresses are brand new, you were the third guests that used them. Some people like them firm, some soft. It is hard to find mattresses that suit everybody's tastes.
The guests who used them just before you - loved them.
Fourth, we do not advertise the apartment as 3 beds. We advertise it as 2 beds - please check the listing.
We do not consider the sofa bed as the third bed and we list the apartment for 4 people. It can certainly be used on occasion, but it is not the third bed.
Fifth, we do not list dishwasher as one of the amenities, if you expected one - you needed to book another apartment. The list of amenities is available on the website.
Lastly, the way old San Francisco houses were built - is with the narrow breezeways, set way back into the property. I can see that it can be strange.
so glad that you have enjoyed your stay!
The English translation of he review is below.
Very friendly and gave us a lot of advice and help. House good location, overlooking the city, street parking is fairly easy. Inside the house fully furnished, very clean, we were very satisfied, should the next will come again. Thank you.
These guests did not just leave early, they were asked to leave early.
I have asked Airbnb for guidance on how to ask them leave the moment I found out what they have done. If I was here in person (not traveling) I would
have asked them to leave right away.
After these self-described "clean" guests left I had to bring my handyman in
to check for damage and touch up the walls, had cleaning lady shampoo the carpets (that were professionally cleaned by COIT 3 weeks before) and had to re-launder sheets due to what was left next to them in the linen closet.
The complaints stated are grossly exaggerated and mostly not true.
The only ones I am going to respond to are the following:
- The cleaning lady did accidentally leave the old soap. It is unacceptable, but I've seen much worse in 5 star hotels.
- Guests often disconnect the alarm clock, we do not connect it as we feel it
should be the guest preference whether it is connected. There is a functional clock in the kitchen.
- The building has a sophisticated alarm system that (Thank God) was not accessible to this guest, as he tampered with an old alarm (a crime in CA) that the installer did not remove.
- The cleaning lady agreed with only one place having dust that escaped her attention - and the guest had to climb up to find it. This guest climbed on the kitchen cabinets to find dust. I have never seen anybody who does this as a part of their normal routine. And I do not like the idea of climbing and potentially damaging cabinets.
- The mattresses are 1 year old. They get a lot of use, but they are not old.
- The wifi can be slow, we have what Comcast considers the fastest internet, but it can be slow, we reboot the router if the guests mention the slowness.