Castellammare del Golfo(TP), smart traveller!
Bellissima esperienza in questo paese stupendo e in questo appartamentino con vista mozzafiato !! Ubicato nel porto in una posizione meravigliosa e comodissima per vivere una vacanza immersa nell atmosfera del paese. Gli ospiti sono stati molto gentili, ci ritornerò sicuramente!!!
Wir wurden nett empfangen, die Wohnung wurde uns gezeigt und wir erhielten die Telefonnummer, im Falle etwas geschehen sollte oder wir Fragen hätten.
Good, very spacious flat, good area (in the middle of touristic routs), hosts were responding and solving issues (like change the gas, turn on internet) within minutes. We enjoyed a lot. I wish internet were a bit more stable and strong. Otherwise, thumbs up!
Een hartelijk ontvangst, goede info.
The apartment is located very successfully, on a cape next to the old castle, on a high floor with a great view. One balcony has a view of the port, where in the morning fishermen bring their catch for sale. The second balcony has a great sea view. Leaving open both of the balcony, the apartment will always be fresh and cool. One bedroom has air conditioning, which we used once in +40 C. The apartment has everything for life: Hairdryer, iron, Ironing Board, plenty of towels, beach chairs and umbrellas for the beach, washing machine, microwave, plenty of crockery. There is always hot water. The apartment is very cozy, the owners are very friendly, always willing to help. Of the minuses: note that the nearest beach to walk 20-30 minutes of the way through the side of the road. We rented a car and it was not a problem. Near many varied and beautiful beaches you can reach only by car. And the second minus: in the evening and night under the balcony on the promenade is very noisy. For some it can be a challenge to sleep. Thank you very much Anna and Gaetano for a warm welcome and an unforgettable Sicilian vacation!
My stay in Castellammare was perfect. The flat is charming and very well located and the hosts were very nice and showed us how everything worked.
Excellent apartment and the views even better than expected. Have no hesitation in recommending it
Beautiful apartment. Located right on marina. Kitchen nice. Clothes washer. Best for those who are out late at night. Very very loud right under window until 2-3am. Band playing, drum, very loud crowds. Multiple levels so good to let people know. Patio balcony is wonderful. Problems resolved quickly. Very helpful driver to airport arranged. 2-3 times cost of public transport services. Nice to offer a choice. Very near restaurants.
Lovely hosts, very helpful. Despite language barrier we were able to communicate our needs with their son who arranged anything we needed.
Wonderful holidays WITHOUT car - which is no problem at all!
- Anna and her husband were the best hosts, making us feel at home from the very first second!
- If there was a small problem within the house (e.g. water not running) they will be there within 20 minutes to fix it!
- Castellamare is a great location with a small beach reachable in two minutes from the apartment!
- If you wish a bigger sandy beach it's a 15-20 minutes walk or you can also take a shuttle bus from Castellamare!
- Public transport worked very well and you can take the bus to visit many places: Trapani, Palermo, Riserva Naturale dello Zingaro, San Vito lo Capo, ...
- Sicilian people are not used to use public transport, so it is best to get the timetables at the tourist information right at the castle, to be reached within 1 minute from the apartment!
- Many italian tourists which for me being a half italian was WONDERFUL!
- Very nice restaurants right next to the house!
- Nice atmosphere in the pedestrian main street in the evening / at night!
- The famous and wonderful beaches of the "Riserva dello Zingaro" are breathtaking. However, make sure you get there very early in the morning if you are travelling the same time as us (end of July/August) !
- Excellent location of the flat and VERY tidy/clean!
- Breathtaking view from the terrace!