Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community, and it doesn’t go unnoticed!
Host very nice; neighborhood lovely; great restaurant Refugio and coffe shop down the street;rafting excursion loads of fun. Nice mellow place. Could be cleaner but definitely an old Costa Rica house with loads of charms and magic. Sloths are so sweet.
Wow, what a perfect location! After passing the hustle and bustle of Limon and Puerto Viejo, you end in Punta Uva at a house at the end of a small street. The house is as advertised--sliding doors to let the Caribbean air in, equipped kitchen, ample sleeping area, and a stunning garden. The neighbor, Chepe, and his family live very close but are unintrusive. In the mornings, watch Chepe feed leaves to the sloth. Go snorkeling or scuba diving right outside the house. Enjoy a drink on the porch overlooking the garden and the Caribbean. Hike up to the point right next to the house and catch a glimpse of howler monkeys. It was such a memorable trip, and I hope to return!
Agree to most of the comments so far. We are a family of 5 and stayed for 4 nights. The location is best ever and directly at the probably nicest beach you can find. The house is just 10 meters away from the white sandy beach, that almost felt like a private beach. Just stunning! Lots of animals around which was nice for the kids as well. The housekeeper and his family was amazingly friendly and a great help for every question that came up.
The house itself is very simple as described. Don't expect too much comfort. Specially bathroom/ shower etc. are very basic!
Only thing that was not like described was the fact, that it is not the whole house. At night there was someone else sleeping downstairs which is a separate entrance. You only book upstairs 1st floor. It seemed that some people from the housekeepers family/friends just used the ground floor at night to sleep there. Actually he lives next door on the same property. On top he is actually building kind of new "room" out of a caravan in the backyard... ;-). So there where always kind of a lot of people on the property. Whereas they all have been very friendly definitely. And somehow it was nice not to be all alone out there. But one just have to know I guess. So if it fits, it fits perfect. :-)
Thanks and enjoy if you choose to go there. Great location.
Charming rustic house on a very beautiful beach. We will be back.
We came to Rincon Magico for one week in August as a family with two children. The drive from San Jose is enjoyable, and it's fun to see the landscape change from mountains to the Caribbean beachfront.
All in all, we have mixed feelings about the actual house. On the positive side, Jose and his family are exceptionally kind and pleasant. Just as other reviewers note, he'll offer you green coconuts to drink and show you the sloths. He answered all of our questions and is always around to help. The proximity to beach is also amazing- it's much closer than it appears in the photos. The design of the house and the artistic details are great, too. We loved the open kitchen/living space. On the negative side, the place needs upkeep and the occasional thorough deep-cleaning for the price travelers pay. Since it's open air, you'll have to be prepared to wipe down all surfaces after the geckos and bugs have their nighttime fun. We also experienced the constant damp clothing (just again because of the proximity to the beach/constant moisture) and mildew on suitcases at the end of the week. That piece is simply the flip side to the location, though.
Concerning food- visit Bakery DeGustibus in Puerto Viejo! It was wonderful!
Beautiful house and garden, very airy rooms with good fans, wonderful breeze to keep the air flowing. Fruit trees outside the window, 2 super cute grey sloths hanged around the premises among the trees and would migrate from one tree to another. The owner assisted us over the phone to find the place, better do the homework before you plan to arrive as there are no signs to guide you. The house isn't updated though, locks are rusty and the bathroom door handle kept falling apart. Also be prepared to have moist clothes that don't really dry during rainy season, too much humidity.
The beach house is in a beautiful location. It is the closest house to the beach. I loved being able to have my 6 year old playing on the beach, and to be able to watch her from the house.
The house is quite rustic, and we ended up eating out for lunch and dinner every day that we were there. The coffee maker and the fridge work, so mornings were easy.
It is a beautiful location, and a great way to enjoy Punta Uva.
The location of the house is magical. It's very private, surrounded by beautiful foliage, and right on the beach. I liked that it was off the beaten path and away from the main road. We had the beach to ourselves every time we swam. The water was gentle enough that we felt safe wading up to our chests, and it wasn't rocky. The neighbor showed us two sloths in the trees right outside. We enjoyed spending time with the neighbor's adorable puppy. The house itself is rustic and cute. The doors from the living area open up completely to the outside deck, and we spent a lot of time out there enjoying the view and the sounds. Remember your bug spray! While there is no AC (and it was very hot and humid!) there are powerful fans in every bedroom as well as mosquito nets over the beds. We didn't use the kitchen much except to make coffee. A large jug of bottled water was provided for us as well as some crackers and juice.
The house had everything we needed, it was clean, great rooms with ocean view. Chepe the caretaker was very hepful yet not intrusive, he was always friendly and polite. Me and my friends had a great time, we are coming back
I read all the reviews and honestly there is not much more to add. The house is truly a Magic Place. Its big, simple, very open, right in front of the water... can't ask for more. Jose ( the caretaker) & his family are amazing, they are always there if you need anything.
Anyways, I decided to create a guide for you, so if you are renting this house we hope to help you settled easier and faster than we did.
1. The house is located in Punta Uva, to be more specific you can say "Arrecife", this helps a lot when you are taking a Taxi.
2. The house ( as the host describes it) its very simple, meaning: no AC, no screens on the windows, not stove ( there is an electric hot plate), and most of the other appliances don't really work ( microwave/oven) so I would not recommend planning elaborate meals. We opted for hot dogs, cheese and meats, or empanadas.
3. There is a restaurant within walking distance that serves great food, and there is a small store about a block away where you can get essentials.
4. The rest of the restaurants that are " walking distance" are located on the main street going towards Puerto Viejo, but keep in mind that the streets are really dark, so you might not feel confortable walking there at night.
5. Puerto Viejo is located about 8 km from Punta Uva. You can get there by driving (20mins), walking ( 2 hours +/-), you can also take the bus which runs every 2 hours, or a taxi which should cost around $10 and you can ask the caretaker to call one for you. The drivers will give you their numbers if you need to, so later you can use whatsapp to contact them ( they are very helpful)
Puerto Viejo is fun! There is plenty of restaurants, shops, bars, grocery stores, banks and money exchange places. The streets are clean, and we felt very safe. Also, on your way back you can take any of the taxis waiting in front of the restaurants.
6. Rent Bikes! Its the best way of moving around during the day, so you can go to Puerto Viejo as many times as you want.
7. Food is delicious but its not cheap, do not go with the idea that you will spend 5 bucks on a dish. We were 6, and spent from $60 ( for a small lunch), to $250 (for dinner and drinks). Its still cheaper than the States, of course.
8. We went on July 2015, and it rained a lot, so bring cards and board games. The house is perfect to sit in the balcony and listen to the rain.
9. People are great! Many of them spoke English, so if you are not really good at Espanol you will still have a blast.
Hope this helps you, and I wish you a great trip! Pura Vida!
Ha sido un placer tener a Gina y su marido como huéspedes. Los recomiendo 100%
Gina e suo marito sono stati due ospiti eccezionali, abituati a viaggiare, puliti e rispettosi. Spero di rivederli presto!