Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community, and it doesn’t go unnoticed!
We are a large house with an ever changing sea of people--including musicians, scholars, sojourners, artists, writers, poets, among many others.
Piedmont has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
A great place to start a conversation. But sensitive people especially those think highly of privacy might find it's hard to fall asleep
DO NOT BOOK THIS PLACE! I will give you good grounds for this:
1) The place is INFESTED by BED BUGS. I spent some days there and I am literally covered with bites. Had to disinfest my clothes and luggage and I was prescribed cortisone and antihistaminic!
2) Administrators are pretty CRAZY. You can never understand who is responsible of this and that. They just avoid to take responsibilities and always answer that they don't have time or have to ask someone else. I had to bear the nonsense talk of one of the administrators who, instead of paying attention to my requests, used to pull out some pseudo-philosophical post-hippy theory.
3) The neighbourhood is damn'd LOUD. I couldn't sleep until 3am!!! Every day in the week!
4) The place is as DIRTY as you may not imagine.
5) The DESCRIPTION of the place and rooms does not correspond to reality!!! I had booked a big room and was given a narrow, dirty, miserable room.
6) ABSENCE of PROBLEM-SOLVING ATTITUDE: I think administrators are not tackling with this bed bugs problems efficiently! They have a major infestation and keep renting rooms, exposing guests to parassites! These people live out of the world in their artificial hippy paradise, are either drunk all day or pretty crazy...
TO CONCLUDE: We all want a not-too-expensive room, but I can say you'll just regret your stay in Piedmont and pay back in medicines, nerves and bad mood the money you saved!!!
The hosts were very friendly and nice. It was just like living in a college dorm again, there are really interesting people- I got to meet a lot of other travelers who were all very nice. Everyone there was able to answer my questions, and gave advice on visiting the area. I only stayed two nights, so I didn't end up using the kitchen, but it was well organized. The house was quiet, but neighbors were noisy, but it was a weekend, so that was to be expected. Overall, it was what I thought it would be, and a great experience.
Really interesting place. It's what I expected for the price and definitely a unique experience. It was pretty quirky, interested check in/check out system, but I strangely enjoyed the stay. For adventurous easy going travelers only. Close to the university-not close to BART.
Good and warm hostel though.
The room was fine. It was not what was advertised but other than that, nothing was wrong with it. My friend and I only stayed for one night, and it was okay for that. Less than a couple blocks away from UC Berkeley. I was a little confused about whether this was a hostel or somebody's house--a man I didn't know greeted us at the door (I was expecting someone else based on my airbnb contact).
the house was fine, but the bedbug infestation is unacceptable. also, when i checked in, the people who staffed the place were not able to figure out which room i was in for a solid 40 minutes.
The stay was pleasant but the house has seen better days.
However, there is an ongoing effort to fix it up. My room got painted while I was there for example.
The staff was very nice and I had a great time with the other guests. Very personal and friendly.
So overall I had a good time.
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed staying at the Piedmont - it was a fun experience for me - thanks - i will stay again next time im in town.
Cleanliness varies between quite dirty and really disgusting. A history recurring bedbugs that I cross my fingers to have gone clear off. My room had a weird smell, and wifi often did not work. Plus for a friendly atmosphere and decent cancellation policy.
Not recommended - I moved out before planned and would not stay here again.