Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Je suis d'origine de Hanoi. J'aime voyager, rencontrer, partager et apprendre les langues étrangères.
An Hai has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
It was a bit hard to find...we ultimately had Google change the pin so it should be accurate. However, Frederic (the manager) was easy to get a hold of and very helpful.
The pictures do NOT do the house justice. It is beautiful. We had 6 people (2 couples and 2 single friends) and it was a perfect amount of space. Such a great home base to explore Hoi An. A bit far from everything, but perfectly in the middle of the Old Town and the beach...and taxis are so cheap.
The pool is heaven. The food is delicious. The main room is open air, which means you get some creepy crawlies. We thought it was a plus! Hanging out with geckos, frogs, cool bugs, etc.
It was a lovely place to spend the holidays at. The location was a bit far away from the centre and I really enjoyed the calmness of the country side. Plus you could call a taxi anytime so it was very convenient. We went as a group of 8, very spacious and comfortable villa. The manager and housekeeper were very nice and helpful. Would definitely come back here again!
Our stay at An Hai's villa was perfect. The entire place is clean, well stocked, with friendly neighbors. It truly is a blend of a traditional experience with western comforts. Although the villa is a little bit away from the city center, we found it conveniently in between the beach and the downtown area. Our group had motorbikes, so we were able to get around the entire city very easily.
The An Hai Villa is a little bit tough to review. We had a great time there, but there are several things a traveler should know before booking this property.
1. The neighbors Mr and Mrs Hieu are amazing. Although they do not speak english, they bring a happy and helpful attitude to every interaction. They cook breakfast for you every day, which is included in the price, clean the villa daily and will cook dinner upon request at very reasonable prices. The food they provide is wonderful.
2. The house is well laid out and has a wonderful pool. There is a ton of space to relax and spread out. Our family of four was easily accommodated and I would imagine 6 people would be no problem at all.
3. Fredric provides a small amount of food on arrival, which was very welcome because we were beat after a long day of travel.
I wont call the next section negatives because they could go either way depending on your travel preferences. Just information:
1. This is a RURAL house, and rural in Vietnam is not necessarily pretty. You are surrounded on two sides by Vietnamese family houses and on two sides by shrimp farms. In the end we liked the experience, but if you are squeamish about these things, you might want to look elsewhere.
2. Noise can be a bit of a problem. There are wild roosters / chicken all over the place in this area and they seem to have no sense of time. They are loud and are going off at seemingly all hours of the night. There are also quite a few dogs in the area that woke us up with some long barking stretches. We ended up having to sleep with earplugs in.
3. If you are sensitive to creatures in your house, this is probably not a good choice for you. We had two toads, four very large spiders (think small fist in diameter) and countless flying beetles in the house during our five day stay. It did not bother us at all, but others may not like it.
4. As mentioned in other posts, you are a ways away from town and the beach. This was not a problem at all for us. We rented scooters for $5 per day from Easy Rider in town and loved zipping around between town and the beach. We really liked the location, but if you want to walk to old town or the beach, be prepared for an hour each way at least.
Our only negative was we had trouble communicating with Fredric. There was a cell phone provided in the house for us to call him, but it had no credit on it and he did not reply to several emails during our stay which resulted in a double cab booking and some confusion over money. But other than that we had a great time.
After staying at hotels etc for many weeks it was great to get the extra space of this villa which is architecturally designed with a good combination of Asian style and western sensibilities. Its about 4km out of town in the burbs amongst shrimp farms, so unless you are willing to ride a bike (distances are easy) or motor bike you may feel a bit isolated. Frederic was very helpful and Mrs Hieu cooked a good breakfast (included) and excellent dinner (at restaurant prices, order in advance, with enormous helpings). Best for groups wanting space and something a bit more authentic, avoid if you want to be in tourist central, you want a soft western bed, or if you can't deal with a bit of tropical wear, the occasional toad in your living room or the neighbouring dog coming to say hello.
The villa is very beautiful and a unique lodging experience for Vietnam. We were only two people staying for a long weekend so we didn't fully utilize the size of the house (2/3 bedrooms). Although the location is a bit out of town, it was easy to rent bikes and cycle in to town or the beach within 30minutes or call a taxi. Unfortunately, the private pool was still a bit chilly to use in February but would be wonderful in the hot summer months! The Vietnamese couple next door comes over in the morning to cut up fruit, make coffee/tea, and eggs for breakfast and clean. Unfortunately, the first morning several other people entered the house which felt a bit like an invasion of privacy, but probably just a difference in customs. Our return flight was late in the evening and there was no problem with using the house until departure which was a definite plus! I would recommend booking for a large group if we were to return to Hoi An.
The Villa has been well looked after and our stay was very comfortable for 5 nights. We were met at the airport by a driver organised by our airbnb contact and the next door neighbours provided housekeeping and breakfast as well as organising taxis for us. The weather meant that we were not able to walk and cycle as much as we were hoping and that we were reliant on taxis to navigate Hoi An. The villa never felt cramped for 6 people and the neighbours cooked a wonderful dinner for us at a low price. One of the beds was a little on the hard side and could do with a thicker mattress.
This property was absolutely amazing. Frederic is on top of everything. It is in an amazing location (soooo much better than staying in the old city) and extremely comfortable. They have provided conveniences that would otherwise be lacking for staying in this part of Hoi An. It is immaculately landscaped and cared for by the wonderful Vietnamese couple who live next door (Hieu and Mr. Kuong). They are really great and even invited us to karaoke with them while we were waiting for our taxi. They also brought us a delicious breakfast every morning and cooked us dinner one night. There were just two of us but this property would be more than comfortable for 6+ people. We could not have been happier with anything during our stay. If we are ever back in this part of the world, we would stay here in a heartbeat.
An Hai villa was absolutely amazing. The house was exactly like the picture and the staff were so helpful and kind. If you are going to Hoi An I highly suggest you stay at this villa.
Famille três gentil. Apart bien rangé a la sortie.