Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
I am an Environmental Consultant and work quite a bit. I leave for work at 8am and then you will have free reign in the house. If you come either to work or to enjoy Cambridge, you are more than welcome.
Matthew has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Matt was hugely hospitable and I had a great stay, would recommend to others.
Good location and good price. Friendly, helpfull host. Also parking available.
Matt is a super friendly host and although he is so busy he tries to accommodate all your needs. His place is truly very close to your main needs (Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, MIT campus, etc.). The place has an off-street parking spot for visitors that works great (especially in cambridge). The apartment is shared but Matt is rarely at home. I would definitely recommend this place.
Adequate bachelor pad setting. Gracious host and good price. Cleanliness could be an issue.
I was originally looking for an apartment of my own rather than a shared situation, but this worked out perfectly. Matt, the host/other occupant truly was hardly ever there as he works long hours, but was very pleasant company the couple of times we chatted and it would have been perfectly fine to have had him around more!
- Own bedroom and bathroom on its own floor, so very good sense of privacy (shared living room on that floor but on the rare occasions it was used by Matt, it was used very considerately (volume on TV very low, etc.).
- Very quiet location (on a not-so-busy street but bedroom does not directly face street anyway), and Matt is a quiet person in addition (doesn't play music or watch TV loudly).
- All amenities you expect in your own place (washer/dryer/fully equipped kitchen/WiFi).
- Dedicated off-street parking (rarity in Cambridge) plus use of a guest permit should you have a visitor.
- Great location, a few minutes walk from Trader Joe's/Whole Foods/Starbuck's and not much further to Central Square subway station. Equidistant and pretty close (about 20 min walk each, perhaps) to MIT, Harvard or Boston University.
- Pleasant and accommodating host.
I didn't have any complaints at all, but mention this in case they are factors for others:
- Lack of A/C was a non-issue for me for the time of year I was there (mid-May) but I would probably miss it on a hot day in mid-summer.
SUMMARY: I'd rent again in a heartbeat.