Phone Number▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 49
Offline IDIdentification Card
- Tec de Monterrey
- Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- English, Español, Français, Italiano
- Christine's Airbnb Symbol
Born in 1962 in Germany, my mom was from Colombia, my dad was from Germany. Since the age of 5, I moved from country to country and was exposed to many different cultures: Spain, Columbia, Mexico, Panama, Dominican Republic, Belize, Guatemala, Switzerland, France, USA … My parents would never speak to my brother and myself in German, therefore, I never learnt German.
My mom, Luz Acevedo was an artist who exposed her oil paintings in major permanent expositions such as “El Jardin del Arte” in Mexico City, and Tepozotlan (Mexico State).
I studied to be a biochemist engineer and I discovered at a young age that I love paintings. I self taught myself different techniques such as oil color, water colors, acrylics and collage. My love for arts and my passion as a bio-engineer bring me to my current project: acrylic painting on natural leaves from plants found in the Yucatan peninsula (by Cancun on the Mexican Riviera) in Mexico.
I have worked in the eco-archaeological park, Xcaret, as a project leader in 3 major departments: the botanical garden, the aquarium and the cultural events.
I am an active member of an Aztec dancing group, the “Concheros”: these dancers aim at preserving the traditions of the natives and they strive in providing the coming generations with the values and philosophy of life of the native ethnic groups that show deep respect to the nature.
My current project combines the essence of nature with the techniques of acrylic painting, depicting the expression of native cultures in their traditional costumes and attires. The main challenge of the project resides in the diversity of supports on which I paint. The uniqueness of each leave leads to an ad-equation of the painting technique and therefore each piece is unique cannot be reproduce.
- from March 1989 to November 1991, “Galeria Azteca“, Costa Careyes Hotel in Jalisco, Mexico
- from May 1992 to November 1993, “Galeria del Sol” San Carlos , Guaymas in Sonora, Mexico
- from January 1994 to October 1998, “Xcaret” Museum of Cultures Eco-Archaeological park Mayan Riviera, Mexico
- from January 1997 to October 1998, “Quinto Sol” Fine Mexican Art, Cozumel, Mexico
- from April 1999 to December 2004, “Maroma” Hotel on the Mayan Riviera, Mexico
- from April 2000 to Today, “Casitas Kinsol”, Puerto Morelos on the Mayan Riviera, Mexico
- from February 2004 to September 2006, “Ceiba del Mar” Hotel & Spa Resort in Puerto Morelos, Mexico
- from May 2007 to November 2008, “Acorn Benevolent” gallery, Grand Avenue, Saint-Paul, MN