Hello. I'm from Istanbul, Turkey. I am an actress. I was the publishing editor of Fashion Tv Magazine for 6 years.
Didem has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
The apartment was even more beautiful than the pictures could do justice. Nehir was very accommodating and patient. My flight got in super late and I only had limited communication abilities and he made sure everything went smoothly and even gave directions to the taxi driver for us over the phone.
The apartment was in a really cool location and very comfortable. Highly recommend this spot.
Had great stay! Didem and Nehir were really helpful and communicative. Thank you!
Great apartment in the most perfect area of Istanbul with lots of cafes and restaurants nearby.
The host responded immediately to any question we had and provided us with lists of what to see and do in Istanbul.
We all three got a separate set of keys, which is a great for us since we were friends traveling together and didn't always do everything together.
Both the arrival, meeting with the host and the departure went pretty smooth.
The reservation was canceled 10 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Didem and Nihar own a beautiful flat in Cihangir that we stayed at in Istanbul.
1. The hosts are extremely responsive from the time of the booking to the duration of the stay. Nihar came to pick us from Taksim to guide the taxi driver and was a gentleman and carried the luggage up to the flat.
2. The house is extremely well furnished and had mostly everything one would require in a long stay.
3. The house rules are easy to abide by,
4. The furnishing and layout of the flat is extremely good.
5. The wifi is very quick and offers a great reliable service.
6. There are too many tv channels and for those who want to watch tv, they have a great option.
7. There were too many books and dvds to see if needed.
8. Is a quiet neighborhood with very good dining options nearby. Is quiet and yet easily connected by a 5 minute walk to Taksim on one end and the sea side on the other. There is a taxi station right next to the building and metro and buses are nearby too.
Things that could be better:
1. Not an issue for us but for those who do not like climbing stairs, the flat is on the 5th floor so needs a fair bit of huffing and puffing.
2. The shower in the jacuzzi has no curtain resulting in either wet floor or having to take a shower while sitting down.
3. There was a lot of stuff of the hosts in cupboards and storage leaving no space for our clothes. Again not a big issue but would have been good to have at least one closet for hanging clothes.
Overall a great stay and I would recommend this place to anyone who would like to experience a traditional Isanbulu living experience while enjoying comforts of the modern life.
Very nice and easy stay at Didem place. For my first visit of Istanbul I decided to stay at Didem in her home and did not regret my choice. Specially well located in Istanbul. It took me 30 minutes from the Airport (in the evening - 10:20 PM).
The beds were nicely prepared with everything (fresh Towels).
Didem easily organized the handover of her flat's keys. She replied immediatly to all my emails - which is always pleasant.
I can only give a warm recommandation for her place and client orientation.
The apartment was located in residential area and a very nice part of town with restaurants, cafes, cheese shops and a market all within a block. It was an easy walk to Taksim and Galata. The apartment is roomy and generally comfortable and is very much a home rather than a sterile hotel room. The host emailed us useful information ahead of time and checked in with us during our stay. We were disappointed that Didem was not available to meet with us personally during our stay. The initial ascent up 6 flights of steps with luggage was a challenge but after that was fine. The ear plugs we brought turned out to be useful given that this is an urban environment. The taxi from the airport is about 45-50 TL. We enjoyed our first visit to Istanbul.
Great apartment in a great part of town. Didem and Nehir were very considerate hosts and provided plenty of recommendations for things to do. Couldn't be faulted!
We spent a wonderful week in one of the most cozy and beautiful districts of Istanbul - Cihangir and Didem's comfortable apartment was a great part of our holiday. We slept very well in a quiet bedroom with a balcony of picturesque view on the small courtyard and rooftops and Galata tower on the horizon. This stylish apartment is in the hundred-years-old building with high ceilings and comfortable planning and is situated just in 10-minutes walk from Istanbul Modern and very close to the "boiling-pot" of Istanbul - Istiklal. Neighborhood is amazingly calm and picturesque - Cucurcuma caddesi full of antiques shops. Special thanks to Didem and Nehir for their recommendation list of cafes - we had delicious breakfasts in most of them right in few steps from the apartment - it was a great start of the day!) It was a great pleasure to live a week as Istanbulians in a beautiful atmosphere) Thank you for your hospitality!
This flat exceeded our exectations - Didem and her husband equipped it in a very nice and cosy way, and they give their guests a lot of advise for Istanbul's nightlife. The flat is located in the beautiful old town, and we enjoyed being close to cafes and nightclubs. There is a great overview over a courtyard area from the two quiet sleeping rooms. We spent wonderful days here!
It was a pleasure to host Didem and her husband, they were very considerate and careful about house rules, very quiet, friendly, and liked the dog.
Great guests and were a delight to meet. Easy to communicate with and left my apartment spotless. Would welcome them back anytime!
I strongly recommend Didem as a guest
I've been to Didem's house a few times and I can easily that both the neighbourhood and the flat is very accommodating and warm. The flat is very clean and gives one home feeling apart from Didem's friendly personality. Highly recommended.
Didem is the most fantastic person, and I must say I'm envious of her GORGEOUS apartment in Istanbul! As another reviewer has said, not only is the place fantastic, but the location is amazing as well! Right in the heart of everything that's going on in the city! Right around the corner from Taksim Square...and fantastic places to eat everywhere! What a great place! And Didem is so nice, you couldn't ask for a better hostess! She will charm you, as will her gorgeous apartment. Oh, how envious I am! I wish I could live there all the time!