Visit create.airbnb.com »
The place is lovely and in a great location--quite convenient to getting anywhere in Manhattan. Rick was a very welcoming host and made me feel comfortable and at home. Definitely a great introduction to the city that I'd completely recommend.
Well let me give you 5 great reasons to match the amount of stars given to this review.
1. Rick. Rick was more than welcoming when we first arrived. He answered his door with a smile ear to ear and made us feel right at home in the H.R.H. I had a few questions about the city and within moments of me sending a text message to Rick, I had received a telephone call with the answers. On our first night we found the room to have gotten too warm but Rick made sure that was fixed and the following night was perfect temperature.
2. Location. I too was skeptical about staying in Harlem after hearing all of these "crazy" stories about what goes on. Well, those stories are exactly that...CRAZY. The neighborhood is beautiful during the day and I had not felt the least bit threatened at night time. The subway is only 4 blocks away and they are relatively small blocks at that and its a 20 minute ride into Times Sq.
3. The size of the room. The room size was fantastic. My girlfriend and I felt right at home when we stayed here because of the large room. The television worked well and was the proper distance from the bed. The bathroom wasn't cramped either as you had ample room to move around. The room was also equipped with a closet with a dozen hangers at least.
4. Cleanliness and Privacy. Everything about the room and the place was pristine clean. My girlfriend and I also like our privacy so it was comforting that we weren't cramped up against the wall of another room. We had no disruptions of any sort and everything was silent except for noise from our television.
5. Price. Ive stayed at a few hotels in NYC for around $150 a night at that is outrageous. The rooms are cramped and the bathroom is tiny. With Ricks accommodations I felt in luxury. The place is worth more than the price he gives it for!
Thanks Rick and best of luck to you!
This was a great last-minute booking. The room was clean, spacious and pleasant -- as advertised. Rick was a helpful, friendly host without being overbearing.
There was an unexpected (& apparently -non-permitted) movie shoot in front of the building that was loud and went into the early morning. But otherwise, it was a great stay with lots of privacy.
I put some guests at Rick's house for a one-night stay. Rick was very nice, fast in his response, and very accommodating. My guests had a nice stay there and i will ask Rick for availability again.
Rick is an extremely helpful and responsible host. The house is beautiful, artistic and very clean. The neighbourhood is peaceful and very convenient for public transportation. A good way to discover real New York