Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
hi i'm Kosmas i wait the Santorinh
Kosmas has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Our stay at Santorini was a disaster.
1) THIS IS NOT A ROOM, THIS IS A HOTEL. AN AWFUL ONE.
2) The location is a complete mistery as they never give you the exact adress. We've arrived there by miracle because we googled the name given of the street and we found" Villa Popi Hotel". We asumed that it was the place. We read also that they pick up you from the port, wich is true... When we finally got to the Hotel, the receptionist made us wait 30 minutes because we have made the reservation by AIRBNB AND NOT FROM BOOKING in wich there's different price. This girl told us that what we had reserved was in another Hotel of the same owner but that is a different one because we came from AIRBNB.
3) When we arrived to the second hotel: "Sea of Aegeon", they gave us a complete different room than what you see in pictures published here of the room. The unique window that it had was to the mini piscine of the Hotel, that is at the backside of the building.
4) We had to ask to the room with the view that we had paid for, so they gave it us but without any complaining.
5) The man who accomodated us in the room asked us if we wanted to pay him at than moment or when we leave. So, we had to explain him that because we came from airbnb we had already paid all.
6) We have never met "Kosmas", he never answered any email.
7) In this Hotel there's no receptionist. She is only a couple of hours during the morning.
8) Except for the cleaning woman that was kind and nice even when she doesn't speaks englesh, the rest of the hotel staff (the receptionist woman, the man who accomodate us and some other), they were never at the hotel and when they were it was always with a kind off pissed of face, without saying hello or goodbay, nothing at all. Even more, one thay I have arrived to the breakfast ten minutes before that it was closed and the receptionist woman with that poker face looked at her watch and then really bothered looked at me. I don't know what she pretends with that kind of expretions to her guests.
9)The location is not at he center of Fira; you have to walk 20' by a road without path and public illumination indeed!
WE DON'T RECOMMEND TO ANYONE THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE. REALLY BAD EXPERIENCE!!!
Debimos modificar nuestras fechas, avisamos 15 días antes, pero nunca obtuvimos ninguna respuesta, ni a través de airbnb ni por mail privado. Llegar fue complicado, el alojamiento no se corresponde con las fotografías del exterior, ni con el nombre. Airbnb debió contactar por teléfono, y solo pudo hablar con una tal Popi. Kosmas nunca apareció y Popi tampoco, para resolver nuestro problema. No devolvieron el dinero de los días excedentes todavía, aunque se comprometieron a hacerlo a través de una empleada muy amable. También envié el reclamo vía Airbnb, y tampoco les responden a ellos. Definitivamente no es un lugar confiable. Es gente que no cumple sus compromisos y una vez cobrado, no da la cara. Aconsejo NO alojarse ahí.
We had confirmed for 3 nights then were only booked for 2 nights. I set many emails trying to rectify this with no response. I had to call 2 times to ensure there was room for us for 3 nights.
Besides from that the room was clean, pool also clean and staff quite friendly and approachable.
Nice little hotel with a nice little pool. When you arrive by bus, it is a little difficult to find - we asked different people from Fira, but nobody knew the adress... From the bus stop it is a 15 minutes walk.
The staff was friendly and helpful. The only problem is the e-mail contact. They do not answer any e-mail!!
The reservation was canceled the day before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Villa of aegon is situated 10 minutes walk from the center and to the bus station which makes it a convenient location to wonder around the island. Kosmas and his mother were very nice.
The rooms are new, simple and clean. It is a good value for a budget accommodation.
It's definitely more of a hotel. The rooms were simple and clean, and very pleasant. However in one of our rooms the air-conditioning wasn't working and we had to sleep with the balcony doors open - not much of a problem at night when there's a cool sea breeze, but in the morning there are sometimes bugs. The bathrooms are also bare, if a little small - it's impossible to take a shower without getting water absolutely everywhere.
Kosmas and his father were very kind and tried hard to make us feel welcome, but communication was sometimes a little strained as they didn't speak very much English. There was one staff member who put a real damper on the stay though - although breakfast was served from 8-10AM, on one of the mornings she started clearing up the food at 9.40, rudely insisting that breakfast was already over! Thankfully that was the only incident which we were unhappy about.
It was hard to find people to talk to at reception when you needed help - most of the time there wasn't anyone there.
Still, all in all, it's a great deal for the price! Fantastic location, and also comes with free pickup from the port on arrival. Would recommend for those who like living simply and in a great location.
It's more of a hotel. Beautiful place. Great price. However no wifi in the rooms. Seems to be common in the Greek islands.
Villa Popi was perfect! Great price, unbeatable location, and good facilities. Wifi worked, water was hot, and the staff are very nice and accommodating. The room is located in the centre of Fira, has a pool, is walking distance to the bus station that had buses to take you all over the island, and right next to food, bars, and the touristy area. Very convenient and comfortable! Definitely will be staying here again :)
Villa Popi was a great stay! The location was central to the island and very near the bus stop. Kosmas and his sister were very kind, laid back, and helped us with all our questions! Recommended and great for the price.