Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Insurance Broker, foreign citizens assistance.
Carlo has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
This well-appointed apartment is located conveniently very close to San Marco where you can find a Coop supermarket. It's within easy walking distance of the centre and near some interesting sites: Museo del tessuto, Opificio John Malkovich, Biblioteca Comunale. The downstairs features a full kitchen with two ovens, a lounge space and an external dining area. Upstairs there are two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The apartment is clearly cared for by the owners and the weekly cleaning was exceptional. A couple of things to be aware of:
1) there is no fast wifi connection - this was a huge problem for my colleague and I as it was on this basis that I chose the apartment. While Carlo was kind enough to provide a portable modem, the speed was not sufficient;
2) the apartment is quite dark downstairs even when you open up all of the shutters;
3) the dining area could not be used by us in December as it was far too cold and there is no heating and because of this there was nowhere to eat elsewhere in the apartment - we ended up using a desk as a small dining table;
4) the bathroom at the top of the stairs is very small - at my height (186cm) I was very close to the ceiling the whole time;
5) oddly, there was no coffee pot (moka) in the apartment but when we asked for one, Carlo provided one.
On the whole a nice, fairly spacious apartment but too many problems for me to consider it again.
Lovely house in a great location. Carlo was an excellent host and very patient - even when my nephew managed to magically turn on the oven and we could not turn it off. The house is located near several yummy restaurants (Flambe was a particular favorite) and fun bars. However, it is a quiet location which was great as we were traveling with a small child. Hope to return and stay again.
My brother and I needed a place in Prato for a film shoot. I'm so glad we found Carlo's apartment. The value was exceptional! The place was large, very comfortable, tastefully decorated and located in an amazing area just off of Piazza San Marco. Carlo was a terrific host, very responsive and attentive. When we had a small issue with the internet, Carlo came by immediately and took care of it. I couldn't not recommend this apartment and the host more highly. I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Prato!
Perfect stay,perfect house,perfect host! Highly recommended.