Raquel, born and bred in rural Northern Spain and educated in Holland,
somehow took a detour to Shanghai in 2001 and later Montevideo in 2010 and never quite made it back to Europe. In the meantime, she has become a devoted mother and one of Spain's most well versed people on human milk (and a human milk sharing advocate!). Her unique combination of European background, American working experience, more than 9 years based in China, has made her an expert in understanding what the most
common cross-border challenges are. Furthermore, she is a passionate
advocate of the iron link between cultural exchanges and success on
building international relations.
Having started her foreign trade career as a Trade Advisor in Miami
in 1998, Raquel crossed the Atlantic one year later to join
Dockers Europe Headquarters (Levi Strauss) in Amsterdam in 1999,
monitoring the opening of 6 countries for the Dockers brand. In 2001,
Raquel moved to a pan European sales offices supervision position.
At the end of 2001, she landed in China as a trade officer at the
Economic & Commercial Office Shanghai, a governmental agency that is
now recognized as one of the finest and most proactive within the
Spanish Trade Commissions network. In 2003, she was appointed market
analyst, specializing in consumer goods. In 2010, she got the ultimate job promotion by becoming a play-at-home-mom in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, Uruguay. Being the Strategy Director at her Home Sweet Home and half of a mamatoto she is superhappy to be in a position where:
- payment is pure love
- the most important meetings take place in silence, when only the heart speaks.
- the position help me and my tiny-important partner grow, prosper, and reach great heights TOGETHER and contribute to A BETTER WORLD!!!!
Currently getting an intensive training in:
- learning about how our brain works, schooling (and unschooling) options, organization of playdates, nature walks, field trips, arts and crafts,...
- mother child well being and health care during pregnancy, birth and upbringing
- baby wearing, EC, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, attachment parenting,...
- building a tribe (community) and friendships
- and so much more on nutrition, natural home remedies, fitness, communication,...
Raquel completed her undergraduate studies at Rotterdam Business
School and has followed postgraduate studies on international trade at
CECO (Madrid). Earlier this year she decided to follow her passion for
languages and the way we learn them. She is currently studying her
master's degree in Teaching Spanish as a Second Language and becoming more and more conviced that the only way to go with teaching is in the context of unschooling.
That is about it.