If you have any question about the flat, I will be glad to answer you.
Thank you and see you soon!
Appartement confortable magnifiquement situé dans l'hyper centre, près de la la Cathédrale, du Palais de la musique, de la Rambla, de la place de Catalogne, dans un quartier typique avec tous les commerces et facilités à proximité. .
Accueil sympathique par notre hôte.
Excellent host and great flat. Ramon was very easy to contact and very kind and understanding. The flat was just next to a market, stores, a taxi stand and an Orange cell phone store. Las Ramblas was only a 5-10 minute walk away. The area felt safe and we had no problems at all with the flat. Very spacious and clean. Thank you very much, Ramon, for a great stay!
We took the flat for our company for the Mobile World Congress event in February.
Flat was brilliantly located, spacious, good value (especially considering the MWC price ramping that goes on when 80K foreigners descend for a week) and generally perfect for our needs. The heaters actually worked (which is sometimes not the case in old barcelona apartments), the wifis were good and the kitchen well equipped. A slightly more powerful shower would be great, but it wasn't a real problem.
Ramon was a great host, flexible to our needs and checking in if we needed anything without being overbearing. Would definitely come again.
The reservation was canceled 37 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Appartement très grand et très bien situé, au coeur de Barcelone. Ramon est un hôte gentil et très accueillant! L'appartement est calme, on y dort bien, il est bien aménagé.
Le seul petit problème est le robinet de la cuisine qui fuit, ce qui rend difficile de faire la vaisselle. Sinon, super lieu d'habitation, aucun regret, et je le conseil fortement, notamment si vous etes plusieurs !
Best location one could think of. Also very cozy place, perfect for big families. Don't miss out the new restaurant in the building of st. catarina market close by.
* We had a great week in Barcelona, thanks to this perfectly located appartment. Supermarket, several bakeries, as well as the Market Halls are within 1 minute of walking. Everything between Placa Catalunya and the Harbor is easily reachable by foot.
* The size was great for us four people, with one bed staying unused. The door to the 3rd bedroom Mandy mentioned in her review was already open, so two of us had a room for their own each, and two slept in the same room. Having a seperate dining room in addition to the living room was nice.
* Thanks to Ramon, we were able to check in earlier than the official time, right when we arrived, and check out later, just before catching the bus to the airport
* The WiFi/DSL was reliable and fast, depending on the time up to 16MBit
* Use the blue bed cover in the room right at the entrance to reduce light coming in from the window by swinging it over the curtain rod
* Save water by making sure that the toilet stops running, pull up the handle afterwards
* Don't hesitate to switch between the three available wifi networks, their throughput and availability fluctuates throughout day and night, but there's always one that runs at high speed
* Hot water coming from the gas boiler is a bit erratic in terms of which handle position produces which temperature, will take some time to get a feel for it
* The hole where to ignite the gas oven is inside the oven at the bottom
All in all absolutely recommendable!
Great apartment in the heart of Barcelona, ideal for large families and groups and round the corner from a great market, the old town and a Metro stop.
Nuestra estadía en Barcelona fue inolvidable y mucho se debió a la excelente ubicación de este apartamento, muy cerca de los más importantes lugares históricos y turístico de la zona, a su vez, este apartamento cuenta con todas las comodidades que hizo nuestra permanencia muy confortable. El amigo Ramón, desde el comienzo, estuvo muy pendiente de nosotros haciéndonos más fácil y segura nuestra estadía.
Location, location, location! The apartment was in a great area of Barcelona, just next to the Mercat Santa Catarina, the Cathedral and the fascinating Born district and minutes from Las Ramblas, Placa Catalunya and the metro.
We had everything we needed in the apartment and Ramon was very helpful during out stay - offering to print documents for us and give us directions. It was great to have wifi, which can be hard to find in Barcelona! There is a launderette around the corner - expensive but useful if you are away for a while.
We had everything we needed for cooking in the apartment, and lots of great fresh produce nearby at the mercat or other food stores. Many great little outdoor cervecerias and tapas restaurants in the streets and alleys nearby.
When we arrived, we did have to ask specially to have the 3rd bedroom opened up, which was strangely locked. When we called to inquire, Ramon came up immediately and made it available to us, he apologized by saying that he didn't think 3 people would need 3 bedrooms (?), so do ask about that.
The beds were moderately comfortable, and the apartment was moderately clean. Unfortunately, there was some major construction just beside the apartment, which made it extremely noisy during the day (8am onwards), but I guess that just happens. Given that we were using the apartment as a film production office, that detail wasn't ideal for us, but that can happen anywhere!
All in all, I would recommend Ramon and this apartment. Great location and full of character.