I am from California and I enjoy all the city has to offer. Nothing is betther than a quick ride to the lake and dining at some of Chicago's finest restaurants.
The reservation was canceled 27 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The place was very comfortable and nicely furnished. It is indeed a great location, very near public transportation and Lincoln Park. Overall it was a good experience. There were just a couple of things that need attention. The hot tub did not work and Sharmin was unaware of this. Also, the washer had a note on it saying that the spin cycle was broken. This made washing clothes quite a chore and we wish we had been alerted to this beforehand. Finally the patio needed to be swept and the furniture cleaned. Other than these three things we enjoyed our stay in this townhouse, and found Sharmin easily accessible via text.
Sharmin was very attentive and answered my questions quickly. The house was large enough for me and my 4 guests and was in a great location. It didn't feel like we were staying in a rental...it felt like home!
Sharmin's 3 bedrooms townhouse was better than I expected. It was clean and spacious. Less than 10 min walk from the train station, it was very accessible from downtown. There are plenty of nice restaurants near the train station. (Opposite side of the house though) I enjoyed the stay!
This place was great for a a family get together. It is so centrally located to take advantage of all the great tourists spots of Chicago. The house was nice, clean, and was an overall great space. The kitchen is amazing and the deck is grab for a grill out. Sharmin's instructions sent before the stay were thought out and helped a lot!
Everything was so easy. House was very attractive and in a perfect location.
Sharmin was a terrific host for me and my friends. Her house was located at a convenient location with plenty of dining, shopping, coffee shops and bars in walking distances and cabs galore. The house was spacious and comfortable for the 6 of us who stayed there and she even provided parking. Can't say enough about the ease of doing business with Sharmin and her responsiveness over the weekend. We had a few questions and she responded to my emails immediately. If/when I return to Chicago with a big group, Sharmin's place will be one of the first we look to for availability.
I live in Chicago and I wanted some family and friends to visit for a weekend, but my place is too small to comfortably hold them so I rented this gorgoeous townhome.
Everything was perfect.
Check-in was a breeze and allowed me to get my parent's situated with no hassles. Did not meet Sharmin, but she was totally accessible via phone or email. Also, love the fact that there was a 1 car garage (tight squeeze) and a driveway to park the cars.
My mother especially enjoyed the kitchen which was modern and outfitted with the things she needed to cook. There was breakfast food for us - granola bars, oatmeal - and coffee, which came in handy.
Since my schedule was busy, I originally worried that my parents would be bored or lost, this location was so perfect that my parents could (and did) walk to Armitage to shop, went to restuarants in Old town for restaurant week and believe it or not, caught the near by El train to visit other Chicago spots.
Honestly, the entire trip was spectacular and I will absolutely use Sharmin's place again. We are already talking about using it for my graduation - and that's 2 years away.
My family spent a week in this location over the 2012 holiday. Sharmin was very cordial when showing the home beforehand, and was accessible by email. All interactions were very pleasant.
Overall, on the positive side:
• This residence is a central location with convenient access to the city. The garage was a nice addition (though had many personal items which made parking a mid-size car difficult).
• The home was generally clean and spacious. The living room had good seating for six, and the dining room equally fit a larger group. The bathrooms were full of travel samples for use.
• The cable (downstairs and in two bedrooms) worked great; the WiFi connection was simple and dependable; and the heating and hot water were also without issue.
On the less positive side:
• The house was literally full of personal items -- the closets had almost no space to hang items (upstairs or downstairs); the dressers were full; and most shelves and upstairs tables had items all over them.
• Two bedrooms had queen beds, and one had a twin bed. To sleep six (as advertised), someone will need to sleep on a couch.
• The kitchen is well designed, but was messy: there were random items left in the refrigerator and no freezer space to use; the garbage disposal didn't work reliably; the hot water tap had a chemical smell to it; the utensils were scattered in drawers with things like sunglasses and ant traps; and there was only one kitchen knife. We were greeted by a dishwasher that didn't work (and full of dirty dishes), and had to re-wash many items (including pots/pans) before use.
• There is one half-bath downstairs, one 4-piece bath (tub/shower) upstairs, and a 3-piece master en suite with *only* a tub. (For a group of adults who all take showers, there is only one for use.) Towels were laid out on each bed, but there were no hand towels in any bathroom (or to be found)
• The dryer was full of items when we arrived, and the washer had a very damp and musty smell to it. (We decided not to use it, as a result)
• Both lamps in the living room had burned out bulbs; additionally, the light atop the stairs didn't work (which was dangerous at night). Many other switches in the home did nothing. We had to email Sharmin to ask where more light bulbs were (which she did respond to).
• Our group was made of three couples, but we were only given one key for the home for our stay. We asked (via email) if more keys were available: Sharmin said she would drop off an additional key the following day, but never did.
The location for this home makes it a good find. Staying here is definitely like being in someone's house (amongst all of their belonging): if you are expecting something more like a managed full-time rental, this location may not meet your expectations.
Sharmin's home is spacious and nice for two couples or a small group of friends. There are two large bedrooms and a third smaller room with a twin bed. Sharmin was quick to respond whenever I needed to get in touch. The location was nice & easy to get around to other parts of town by public transportation or taxis. Check-in process was easy & simple with no hassles involved.