Thank you Gail for your comments. I’m sure they will help me improving my accommodation making it better for future guests.
First of all I want to say that I’ve provided you with my contacts and you should have called me if anything was not to your criteria as I would do anything possible to have it better for you.
This being said I still would like to make some points about your comments.
1. The house being ‘down an alley’ is something I can’t change. Lisbon, as you know, is all about ups and downs and that’s one of the charms of this beautiful city.
2. Concerning the bedroom upstairs that has two single beds being freezing cold I’m really sorry for that but despite the Eco-heater installed on one of the walls that I advise you to let it on for the length of your staying, 24 hours a day, I have mentioned to your sons, when showing you the closet under the stairs, the existence of a couple of extra electric heaters together with extra chairs and a dirty laundry bag where you should dispose of your used towels. Unfortunately none of them where used! Instead they were left on a pile in each of the 3 shower cabinets some having make-up stains that have ruined them.
3. As for the linen smell I find it quite strange as I made the beds myself the very same day of your arrival and used fresh linen delivers that morning directly from the dry cleaners. Wouldn´t it be the peculiar old scent of the natural eco-friendly washing soap they use?
4. The Kerosene heater was a temporary add-on to the house due to extraordinary cold weather at the time. The device is absolutely safe and the odour is slightly noticeable when the apparatus is turn-on and disappears within 10 to 15 minutes. Still I do apologise for the inconvenience that this may have caused you.
5. Final words to the out of context opinion on the house being ‘probably too hot in the summer’ since you haven’t experienced that situation. Portugal may be exposed to weather conditions that are favourable to high temperatures during summer. Although, as an architect, I have planned the house to be comfortable during such conditions it is true that extreme heat can’t be avoided. Being an eco-friendly housing makes it that all devices (such as air-conditioning) and products (like chlorines) that may harm the environment are being avoided at the upmost.
Again I do apologize for any inconvenience these situations may have caused to you and you relatives believing that your comments and my answers to them will help future guests to choose wisely, always bearing in mind that private housing is quite different from hoteling with pros and cons inherent to this specific kind of business.
As you know you are always welcome to return and I will always be happy to listen to your advice in order to improve the quality of my offer.
Thank you again for staying