Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
my name is Lang, i love travel the world and play outdoor sports with friends. i have a very close family but now just live US for the american dream, now i work for a vegetable foreign trade company which located in long island city.
Lang has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Lang was very accommodating with arranging the arrival at the apartment. The unit is small with two bedrooms and a kitchen and bath, but has everything you would need for a trip to NY. Location was great within a few blocks of Time Square and plenty of bars and night shops in the area.
There are pros to staying here, but, in our experience, the cons perhaps outweigh them.
4 of us stayed in the apartment, and here are the negatives that we found:
- we had a group of real estate business men enter the flat (with keys to the apartment) with no prior arrangement with us, and no authorisation from us to come in. Some of us were still in bed as it was early in the morning, and they claimed not to know of occupation in the flat. Lang responded quickly when contacted about this, and reassured us that they had made a mistake. However, it was obviously very unnerving to have strangers come into your accommodation when you are supposedly in a secure environment and have paid for such an environment. We then felt very wary about leaving our possessions in the flat whenever we went out. Lang offered a token gesture in terms of compensation for the trouble we had.
- we suffered an unpleasant plumbing issue; again, Lang responded quickly and came round to help clear up, but it's clearly something that needs to be looked at.
- there was no toilet paper when we arrived.
- two of the bedrooms are incredibly hot, and one incredibly cold.
- wifi drops in and out.
- small things are missing, which would make a big difference to your stay, such as; a bath mat; tea towels; hand towel for the bathroom, etc.
- some small maintenance would also help: the shower drips, the shower control is broken, the plumbing pipes are not insulated and very noisy.
The pros are as follows:
- it's cheap
- it's in a good location
- the host is very pleasant
So, it's really up to you. If we hadn't experienced having strangers come into our bedrooms unexpected and uninvited, I would've said that you get what you pay for, and as somewhere to rest your head overnight it is fine. However, this breach of privacy and security made us all feel exceptionally uncomfortable and disheartened in an unknown city.
It was very close to the subway. The apartment was nice and clean. Everything was up to standard. The apartment was perfect for a long weekend in Manhattan.
Apartment was as listed, bedrooms were fairly small. Not much room to just "hang out", so plan on being out and about for most of your stay here.
Lang and his girl friend are amazing. We arrived in NYC having troubles reaching our original host. After contacting airbnb we decided to change locations and I contacted Lang and he responded within minutes and pre-approved us for booking.
The unit is great and typical Hell's Kitchen condo. Small kitchen and bathroom with 2 nicely sized bedrooms. Beds are all extremely comfortable and cozy. Very clean. Neighborhood is great. If you are looking to be in a central location close to Times Square, Hell's Kitchen (and it's night life), Upper West side, Central Park etc this is the unit for you.
I had a great experience living at Lang's. The rooms are small and cramped up, but it's Manhattan and this place is value for money. The location is excellent close to times square, Mary's, Madison Square Garden and numerous restaraunt few minutes of walk away. Lang is very helpful and will respond to queries with in minutes. I totally recommend this place.
The apartment was central and had everything we needed. Checkin was smooth and easy.
The upsides about Yuan's place is the location, just a few minutes from Time Square! The beds are alright too. Yuan was very helpful and even came with extra towels when we asked for it.
The downsides is that you can easily hear what the neighbours are up to (not so great in the middle of the night). The apartment is small and has no good place for hanging out. Except from this and that the hot water in the shower sometimes runs out I think this is a nice place.
We had a great stay and I would recommend the apartment to others. The apartment has a great location and was clean and tidy with newish but limited furniture. The building itself is ready for refurbishment though. The apartment was a little smaller than we imagined, and the heating was either too hot or too cool but I think that this is more a problem of the building than the apartment. There was a slight smell of gas from the stove. Overall good value for money.
Nice place,very clean; enough to spend a few days in NY. We would've loved to meet Lang! And tell him we felt like being at home!!