Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
freelance photographer & artist
Sarah & Perry has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
It was a nice trip to antwerp but to short ;-) The location is the perfect point to start a walk along the river and also a short walk to the city with small shops of local heros and stores from international brands. The hospitality and the reception of Sarah was very welcoming...
Our stay at Koolkaai was wonderful, really relaxed and we we're especially excited about our daily breakfast basket!
Een zeer fijne studio, precies zoals de foto's. Heerlijk dicht bij het historisch centrum, en uitzicht over de schelde. Ideaal voor een lang weekend. Goede tips van Perry over waar te eten en een heerlijk ontbijt. Aanrader!
We stayed for 3 nights in KoolKai and made us feel really comfortable. We enjoyed the very clean, stylish and comfortable accommodation. Perry welcomed us very friendly and helpful and gave us some suggestions of places to eat. The studio is perfect for a city trip, has a great view and is flooded with light. The exceptionally good and tasty breakfast is provided every morning in front of the door and brings a good start to the day. The accommodation leaves no wish unfulfilled and is highly recommended.
We stayed for four nights in this terrific (clean, stylish, well situated) studio apartment. It was everything we were looking for in a place to stay. It is very close to the center of Antwerp, yet in a charming very non-touristy area close to the MAS museum and the picturesque river walk. Perry and Sarah are great hosts--friendly, attentive and helpful with advice. The breakfast they provided was a welcome daily treat. Beyond that they re also wonderful people who we got to know a bit while staying there. It was our first AirBnB experience and it sets the bar exceptionally high.
We had such a great stay at Kool Kaai—I don't think we could have chosen a place that suited us more for our trip to Antwerp. This riverside B&B was a great experience for these reasons:
(1) The rooms are designed very simply but thoughtfully. We found our room spacious and comfortable enough to hang around in it all day—with a comfortable bed, a clean bathroom, a pantry, two arm chairs, and a nice little spot by the window sill.
(2) The room has big windows opening up to a nice view of the river Schelde. (And the room up the top, where my sister stayed, had a nice terrace with an even better view.)
(3) Each morning we had a great breakfast (of bread, cold cuts, yoghurt, etc) in a basket outside our doorstep at our requested time.
(4) Antwerp is relatively small, and though at first the riverside B&B seems a bit of a distance from main attractions, it was an easy ten-minute walk to the Cathedral (which gives you a good distance from the noise and tourist traps), and about twenty minutes to Zuid (where you can find M HKA).
(5) Sarah and Perry are excellent and warm hosts. They kept everything in order for us, and were very accommodating of our questions about the city. We enjoyed having a chat with them.
The harbour area - where the apartment is located - has been re-developed in the last 10 years, mixing the old port and the contemporary. Hence the completely new b&b in an old street blends in perfectly. The place has a wonderful view and is equipped with all necessities for a great stay (yet be aware not for cooking). Also do realise it is a central location and keeping the windows open at night might be noisy. We met both Perry and Sarah and they were delightful hosts. I would certainly recommend staying here!
The place is exactly like the pictures. It was clean and everything was comfortable. Great breakfast every morning. Location is great quiet neighborhood, close to the cathedral, and close to shopping streets.
Sarah and Perry were extremely nice and helpful. Their restaurant recommendations were excellent.
Sarah and Perry were terrific hosts! They were easy to communicate with and the apartment was better than advertised! It was quiet and very stylish. The big windows provided lots of light and a fun view of the harbor. Every morning a good breakfast which included yogurt, meat, cheese, orange juice and outstanding croissants was brought to my door in a lovely basket with a tea towel. They were also great about getting us a taxi when we had to leave and telling us about all the attractions in Antwerp.
The beds were very comfortable. The showers were hot and there was a good hair dryer! They totally spoiled us. I've stayed in some luxurious hotels, but I like Sarah and Perry apartment better.