With a background in high-end custom residential design and construction and a Master’s degree in Architecture, Brian Linder provides unique expertise to the buying and selling of estates, architectural properties and historic residences. Brian has represented some of the most notable properties around Austin including work by Bercy Chen, Harwell Hamilton Harris, Tom Clause and Sean Guess. In addition, Brian’s understanding of business and complex real estate transactions has enabled him to assist buyers in finding value for their money at every level of spending. Brian has also helped owners and developers market distinctive projects, from land with plans through construction of speculative ventures.
Brian Linder has built his real estate practice around a concept he calls The Value of Architecture. This concept is based on the notion that architectural design adds significant value to real property in terms of intangible lifestyle benefits, the premium paid for architectural properties, and the fact that architectural homes tend to be less sensitive to market fluctuations. Brian leads the ongoing UCLA Extension course “The Value of Architecture” and has further developed this thesis in presentations to the American Institute of Architects, the Society of Architectural Historians and various local and national audiences. Brian is also committed to promoting architecture as art, featuring the work of practicing architects on his website ((website hidden)) including Alterstudio, Burton Baldridge, Dick Clark and Michael Hsu.
- Member of local, state and National Association of Realtors
- Active member of the American Institute of Architects
- Certified by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- Master of Architecture degree from UCLA
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Carnegie Mellon University
- Licensed Architect, General Contractor and Real Estate Broker
- Certified Negotiation Expert
- Boy Scouts of America - Cubmaster of Pack 17, Austin