Waleed has worked a teacher at the University of Akron in Ohio, while Nada (his wife) worked at AMIN University. Waleed and Nada left their jobs to work as free-lance Corporate Trainers and Life Coaches. They decided to take a midlife semi-retirement to pursue their dream of traveling the entire planet, all 235 countries, exploring the world and learning about other cultures for the next 5 years.
Countries visited: Japan, China, Malaysia, Turkey, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, UK, Australia, Egypt, Jordan, USA, Canada, Belgium, Austria, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Italy, Monaco, Switzerland, France, and others.
Hobbies and Interests:
- TRAVEL: The mother of all hobbies, and the hobby that we are going to focus on for the next 5 years. Need we say more? :)
- ASTRONOMY: Observing the sky with a telescope since the age of 7. Knowing each and every planet like our own friend :)
- PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY: It's a must for someone who's planning to travel the world :) We use the Sony Nex-3, with a fisheye lens, to take spherical 3d images and wide panoramas.
- STAMP COLLECTION: With more than 10,000+ and 100+ countries represented. It's a history lesson summarized in an inch by inch :)
- MENU COLLECTION: Collecting restaurant menus from every country we visit. Total about 1800+ and counting!
- VIDEOGAMES: Wii, xbox360, and PS3, we play everything, but our favourite are RPG's and Survival Horrors.
- COOKING: Our goal, to cook at least 1 dish from every country on the planet. Check our cooking album in the photogallery section!
- SPORTS: Basketball, soccer (football), swimming, bowling, golf, and trying each sport at least once.