Entrepreneur with my own company and work in venture capital. Moved to America from Australia in 2009.
Good location. Friendly hosts. I was not sure about staying with 4 people that I dont know ( 3 of which are guys), but I had nice stay. The guest room is in the basement. Its a little dark and does look like a bachelor's place)) but it was clean and quite and had a private bathroom.
Great. Room as promised. Coordination was easy. Great location within walking distance of great restaurants and evening life.
Elias and his roommates were extremely friendly and accommodating throughout my stay. The room was just as described: large, quiet, and very private. I had to do a load of laundry one time and simply used the W/D they have in the garage. Anytime I had a question, the hosts were just a call or a text away. Unfortunately I never had a chance to grab a beer with them, but hopefully we'll get to do that soon!
Elias is the man! Great guy to know. Take him out to drinks and learn about all the great stuff he's up to...
I enjoyed perfect privacy in the room and got a lot of work done. I also enjoyed taking phone calls out in the garden.
Just as pictured. Nice yard outside.
The room is in the basement of a really awesome house, but there are a few drawbacks, for which I gave 3 stars.
1. The room was a bit spartan for my taste. Mainly, the bed is a new ikea bed, but one with a really thin mattress, so you have to be OK with that style of bed if you're planning to stay here. Overall, it could be made a little more comfortable with some small touches.
2. It's a private room with a bathroom, but you do have to go upstairs to use the kitchen, which is not the worst thing in the world, but just FYI, it's not totally contained,
1. The other people staying in the house are very cool, and I expect you'll enjoy their company like I did.
2. Regarding location, it's really close to a lot of sites in the northern part of san fran, which I really enjoyed. The drawback is that it's a haul to get into downtown/ the financial district, so it really depends what you're looking for.
3. There is garaged parking, just make sure your car is small enough to fit
4. Hanging out upstairs is really nice and comfortable.
5. The neighborhood is great and fun to hang out in.
Staying at this house was a great experience! I had spend a short amount of time in San Francisco before, and was not expecting much of the city. However, staying in this beautiful house, in a very nice location opened my eyes to how much fun the city could be. But most of all, the people are lots of fun! My first airbnb experience and a very positive one.
A fantastic place to stay, with the best of both worlds - a lovely, private, self contained apartment to yourself, but with a house full of some of the brightest (and friendliest) minds in San Francisco above you.
Elias and I have known each other for about 3 years. He's a fun, outgoing guy who is always gracious with the people around him. I've travelled, worked and partied with him more times than I can count - definitely a trustworthy guy, makes a great AirBnB host.
I've known Elias for several years now - as the creator of the Startup Bus, as a fellow Australian entrepreneur and as a good friend. Elias is extremely generous with his time and energy, always up for fun times or intelligent discussions, and able to chat forever with virtually anyone. He's had a crazy range of travels and experiences in business and in life, definitely fun to hang out with.
Awesome party soul, pursuer of crazy ideas and just a sharp swiss-army knife.
Top guy, and what Geoff and Max said...
Elias is a great, trustworthy guy.
About a year ago I travelled cross-country on a bus with Elias for 4 days - and that breeds a very special kind of relationship.
He also knows SF very well and is fun to go out with.
Good guy to live or travel with, I have done both with him and been great. Definitely recommend
Elias is a great guy - super friendly and helpful, and a great housemate. He's sharp, responsive and professional, but is also a lot of fun and great to hang out with. If you're in tech, he's also one of the best connected guys in Silicon Valley - he runs StartupBus, works for a VC firm and makes regular appearances on TechCrunch and The Next Web.