Cheerful, smiling and honest, will do my bets to make you feel at home!
Em has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
The room was extremely small and cramped, and there will be absolutely no space to do anything else except lie on the bed.
Also, what counts for a bed is actually a mattress on the floor.
Whilst I was there, there was a heavy thunderstorm so the apartment was (literally) flooded, and half the mattress was wet, so I had to sleep on the other (dry) half of the mattress.
There is also no elevator in the building, so you will have to climb a significant amount of stairs before reaching the apartment.
Due to the district that the apartment is located in, you will also encounter a significant amount of noise, be it from the construction, traffic, or just people going about their daily business.
Apart from that, the apartment is located in a central area, and close to public transport and amenities.
However, I would only recommend this place if you are
1. On a tight budget
2. Just looking for a place to sleep
3. Not going to stay in the room for long (It's pretty claustrophobic)
The studio was good. It is a bit small but that's HK standards. It's ok for 2 people, even if the bed is a bit too small (I am 1.7m and already touching the wall with my feet).
Em is very nice, she gave us the keys at the airport and told us how to get to the studio. But as she seems to be working out of HK, it's quite difficult to contact her, so just plan everything ahead to be sure you do not get stuck.
What was good:
1) location - near the MTR, center
2) the room was clean
1) WiFi was not working during the whole week, and Em was not really trying to help me with that((
2) steep stairs - it was hard to lift my heavy bag to the 4th floor (no elevator)
3) entrance and stairs were a bit dirty
I wish I could recommend Em's place, but I really wouldn't stay here again.
+ close to metro
+ close to lots of cool restaurants and snack shops
+ great roof view!
+ close to several laundromats
- absolutely NO communication with Em the entire 10 days I was staying there. I would text her, send messages on AirBnB, absolutely nothing. and this was about stuff like "where are my keys" or "where's the wifi". my girlfriend, who's from HK, would text her and get a response very quickly though.
- the only communication that I had was through Em's "helper," a small Indonesian lady that was late when I met to get the keys. by about 1/2 an hour.
- the building is disgusting, and the bathroom was pretty gross too. also there's an incredibly pushy "massage person" that lurks at the bottom of the stairs and WILL bother you every time you walk in the door. insisting that I lived in the building made her back off 30% of the time.
- for the amount that you pay here, you could stay in a guesthouse in mong kok or yau ma tei and pay less, AND you'll have somebody that changes the sheets.
also some stuff to keep in mind:
1. em's bed is on the floor, and I was the entire length of the bed at 5'10"
2. there's a sink, a couple cups, and a kettle. there's a hot plate under the sink but there's no pots or pans so whatever. to be honest, it's so cheap to eat out in Jordan that you won't ever want to cook.
3. says in the ad, but it's a fourth floor walkup, one that definitely FEELS like a fourth floor walkup (fellow people that live in walkups you know what I'm talking about), and you share your little section with 5 other apartments.
4. this apartment is SMALL. you WILL be surprised. not a bad thing really because it's just sized right for a single person who doesn't want to spend a lot of time there, but if you need a lot of space, don't bother. it's like a budget studio apartment, with 2/3's of the apartment removed.
overall I think the thing that rubbed be the worst way about this stay is the lack of communication. for somebody that I'm paying money to, I want my texts to be returned. at LEAST.
I was at Em's place during Christmas together with my girlfriend, and was honestly not very happy with it. Firstly, contact with Em was only so-so. I did not meet Em in person as she was not in Hong Kong, and therefore her helper was the one to pick us up. If we had questions or comments, however, we still had to SMS Em herself, who was not always as fast in replying as we had hoped her to be.
The room is located on the 4th floor, above a (foot) massage shop, but there's no lift so you'll have to carry your stuff upstairs. Then the room itself is very small, but I guess that's what you can expect in Hong Kong. The bed is hardly a bed at all, since it's just a mattress on the floor surrounded by walls. I am 176 cm tall and I couldn't really lay straight or I would touch the walls on both sides. Since I don't sleep in a straight position it was still 'OK'ish' for me, but someone taller might have a problem, especially if you also have to share it with someone else; say.. your partner.
Other than the bed, there's a little chair and a small place where you can put some clothes. That's pretty much it. There was only just enough space to open a suitcase.
The description also states the room has a "well furnished" kitchen, but don't expect to cook, really. There was a small external electric stove, but no pans to cook with whatsoever. I mentioned that to Em in a message, but it was pretty much ignored, so I just left it at that.
The shower hangs above the toilet and is decent at best. It's a very small bathroom overall. Due to a lack of space you can't sit on the toilet without having the door open, unless you want to try out a weird yoga pose when going about your business.
The room seemed very clean upon arrival, but we soon noticed hairs all over the place. There were hairs stuck in between the wall and the electric outlet, and there were also some on the chair and the bed that were certainly not ours.
Lastly, the WiFi was a nightmare. It's based on a 3G simcard, which was either expired or just not working on arrival. We contacted Em, who told us a new card would be put in the day after. Sure enough, the day after it worked, but only for a few hours. I guess the card was only good for a day, or a few mb. I contacted Em again about the WiFi, but was completely ignored, and spent Christmas without any internet.
But it's not all bad. The location was very convenient, in the middle of Jordan, surrounded by shops and restaurants, and close to the MTR. And the bed, although small, was still 'OK' to sleep on. Overall though, I can't say I would recommend...
great location, tiny place but very clean
既然你要這樣 我只好在這裡給你負評~ 並且通知BNB 也會在各大網站 提醒大家不用跟你這種騙人的房東承租
I regretted my decision almost the moment after I made the reservation. The host stopped communicating after her first confirmation message and negative reviews started showing up in a row. The reason I did not cancel the reservation is the 50% nonrefundable cancellation. I think the host's lack of communication is intentional and serves a purpose. After a long flight, my arrival at the studio was met with no water supply for the studio. Also no toilet paper, no soap, not even a cup in the bathroom. After a night, the bathroom turned ugly. I have to scramble for a hotel room nearby and left for good. Consider yourself warned.
The reservation was canceled 15 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The reservation was canceled the day before arrival. This is an automated posting.
She was very pretty and sweet girl from HK. It was very nice to assist her as my guest. But she used the room quite dirty but at least she didn't destroyed anything I was relieved. It took me quite a long time to clean the room perfectly and neatly.
Em erschien mir in Anbetracht meiner für berliner Verhältnisse sehr günstigen Zimmermiete von 15€ zu anspruchsvoll. Sie erwartete Hilfestellung rund um die Uhr und berief sich bei der Durchsetzung ihrer Bedürfnisse schnell auf ihre 'bezahlten' Rechte. Mag sein, dass wir einfach in einem ungünstigen Moment aufeinander trafen. Aber ich bevorzuge selbstständige und rücksichtsvolle Gäste, die sich mit den Gegebenheiten vor Ort arrangieren. Ich schätze, Em war mit ihrem Aufenthalt bei mir, trotz meiner Bemühungen, ihren Erwartungen gerecht zu werden, nicht zufrieden. Ich denke, sie wäre mit einem Hotelzimmer besser bedient gewesen. Aber das kostet dann halt auch mehr.
Em Ng very kind guest !
László Budapest 2013