I'm a civil engineer who works with drinking water. Future transplant from Toronto to Vancouver. I'm quite chill as a guest; I love chatting about your neighbourhood and all of the fun things around it (then going out and exploring said fun things).
- music (many types. Permanent fixtures are Yo La Tengo, Guided by Voices, Magnetic Fields, Sebadoh, Deerhoof, MBV, Sleater-Kinney, Beck, Wilco, Radiohead, Grimes, various post-punk and Canadiana. Current obsessions are Julia Holter, The Men, lots more).
- music journalism (I write for CaVaCool, voted one of the top ten music blogs in Canada!)
- reading (I'm all over the board and love getting new book recommendations! Just finished Dune after threatening to read it for around a decade. Working on David Foster Wallace's The Pale King.)
- cryptic crosswords
- tea AND coffee
- working on improving my poor español
- snark and wit
- making parenthetical lists