Thanks for the honest feedback Andrew but more balance would have been appreciated by explaining the positive points in as much detail as the negative. The studio is really not as bad as you made it sound, although there is some truth in the things you have mentioned and I have, and am addressing each one of them since returning from a 5 month holiday:
1. The blinds have already been fixed.
2. I always keep the studio as clean and hygienic as possible. I have cleaned the studio thoroughly myself (removing any mould) since overtaking cleaning duties from my colleague this week.
3. The door has 2 locks. 1 is always secure. The 2nd is due to be repaired when the locksmith arrives next week, along with doorstop mentioned.
4. Fresh paint is also scheduled to be applied on the next 1 night vacancy, but the walls were not in such a bad state.
5. The carpet is being replace next month.
Safe travels Andrew :-)