Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community, and it doesn’t go unnoticed!
Local supporter of the budding startup community in Kansas City.
Ben has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
I never really met ben. The hosts were other people staying at the hacker house. They were nice. Had interesting conversation with the hosts and enjoyed the speed of google fiber.
Was welcomed by some of the hacker residents and taken to a most excellent dinner by one of them. We went to Kansas City Joes which is just down the street. If you like BBQ just that was worth the whole trip.
Had a lot of conversations of a technical nature as expected. I would stay there again.
I had a great stay at the hacker house! Didn't meet Ben but had the pleasure of meeting one of the hackers, Brendan. Overall a cool idea and place to stay
Thanx for letting me stay at the hacker house while in town! I wasn't in the house much, but while there i had a pleasant experience. The other guys staying there where super cool and welcoming. My bed and room was comfy enough for me, and the neighborhood was fine. Walking distance to whatever i needed.
The Google Fiber Hacker House is a great place to connect to the Kansas City startup ecosystem. I found the residents of the house to be welcoming and friendly. Highly recommend.
The Hacker House is great! I came for the Google Fiber, but stayed for the awesome peeps : ).
* Find out beforehand which bedroom you'll be staying in, since it's possible that no one will be around when you arrive. There are bedrooms at the bottom of the stairs (with bunk beds), at the top right of the stairs, at the top left of the stairs, past the kitchen on the right, and past the kitchen on the left. The stairs to the two upstairs bedrooms are pretty steep, so make sure that you won't be in either of those rooms if that's a problem.
* If Ben has given you the door code and no one is around when you arrive, then just let yourself in. You'll also need to use the code to lock the door from the outside.
* The bathroom is found connected to the kitchen through the door to the left of the sink.
* The only other door (off the dining room) is just storage.
* The house's driveway is to the left of the house. Six months of the year there may be an RV parked there, but it doesn't go anywhere when it's here. One car can park between it and the street.
* If the driveway is blocked, then there's lots more parking space behind the house that you can get to using the alley. From the north, access the alley using Seneca Ave, between the utility pole & the low chain link fence. The alley is a dirt road and it's quite a bit bumpier from the south. However, you can access the alley from 45th Ave, or from a number of businesses on State Line Road.
Depending on the current guests, the bathroom can be single guys / hacker "clean". Organized & tidy, but not necessarily spotless. As long as you're aware of this and can live with it, then you'll love everything else about the Hacker House.
If you're staying long enough that you'll need the fridge or freezer, then depending on how many other guests there are, space may be an issue. Check out how much space you'll be working with before you make a grocery run.
Nice place, Unfortunately, Could not find many people to exchange ideas and experiences, as the site remained almost empty throughout my stay, but what a cozy place where you can test the full potential of fiber gogle even alone. Place clean and as described I recommend.
My colleague Mike stayed here during my reservation, he said: My stay at the Hacker House was great. There was lots of working space, great Internet (including Ethernet jacks everywhere, including the bedroom), full kitchen facilities and a convenient location.
My stay was great. Ben made sure everything was setup for me and kept up with my hectic, delayed transportation. He even allowed me to stay an extra night to compensate for my late arrival. I got to talk with the guys at the house and hope I had stayed more to get to know them better. All in all, everything was perfect and I would certainly be back.
thanks ben for the use of your google fiber connection.