I enjoy traveling, skiing, and biking.
It was great! The Building is older but very nice and it reminds me of a typical Paris apartment. It is easy to go from here to everywhere in San Francisco. Lauren gave us some good advices where to go. It is ideal for 4 Persons and it is bigger than we expected it. We really enjoyed our stay and we would like to come back.
Staying at Lauren's is a lesson in reading the fine line. First the positive: great location, excellent cafe downstairs for easy a.m. wake up coffee, large windows overlooking trees and beautiful greenery, comfortable bed and couches and good size apartment.
Now for the not so great: No television, radio access or ipod docking station (these are not listed in the Amenities section so my own fault for not reading this ahead of time). No heat (which I knew ahead of time, but was told there was a portable heater,just didn't realize just how small it was) and the first three nights were exceptionally chilly, especially with windows that did not close and lock. The second bedroom door and window are not sealed well and therefore very breezy. You would think that with all the available breeze that the apartment might air out, oh no...the apartment smells of cat urine and we tried to get rid of the smell (candles, incense), but to no avail. The apartment and the bathtub could use a real cleaning, I had to sweep the rug and then take it outside to shake and clean it to get rid of the long hairs stuck in it! If you are used to camping and aren't looking for certain amenities this is the place for you.
It was a miserable experience and a big mistake:
1. Apartment was delivered dirty: not swiped or vacuumed( dust and dust bunnies everywhere, dirty walls in several places), crumbs on counter, dirty bathtub- we could not use it! Only bath towels were provided, but no face towels. There were baskets with dirty clothes in the bedroom and bathroom! We hoped the linens were clean. We were charged a $50 cleaning fee and expected to get a spotlessly clean space.
2. It was freezing cold! It is illegal in SF to rent unheated space. If the renters agreed to rent this unheated apartment and live in these freezing conditions(at 40F at night!), they certainly must disclose it clearly on Airbnb that it will be 40F at night and 55-60F during the day. One tiny space heater could not heat even one room. We could not use the apartment for anything but sleep. We had to come late at night and leave as soon as we got out of beds! Sleep was uncomfortable, too because as soon as any part of the body got from under the blankets, it froze and woke you up!
3. It is a Bed & Breakfast! Nothing was provided for breakfast. No tea kettle or coffee maker. With a 2 night stay, we did not want to buy bags of basic products.
4. There is a gas leak in the kitchen area as I smelled gas in the "closet" bedroom at night. Ridiculous!
5. Second bedroom is a poorly enclosed underinsulated outer space (backporch maybe?) the size of a closet!
6. No space was provided to unpack except a dirty closet in the tiny bedroom. We could not unpack bags at all!
7. Parking was a problem in the evening.
We think it is impossible and illegal to keep renting this space on Airbnb till the heating problem is solved! After that, the renters must act more appropriately towards their tenants. At $336 for 2 nights it is an expensive stay in poor conditions.
The reservation was canceled 10 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The location of the apartment was perfect! Everything we wanted to see was a short bus ride away. The place was kept very clean which I loved. A list of local places to eat and drink were provided. This helped a lot and were all good suggestions. This was the first time I shared a place with the owner still present and thought it would be difficult with one bathroom. Turned out it wasn't a problem! The only challenge was the shower itself. Working the hot water was a bit tricky, but once it got going it was very hot. The bedroom was quite chilly at night. A personal heater was provided in the room along with a sufficient amount of blankets. The bed was very large and comfortable. I will absolutely stay here again! Thank you Lauren!
Great location. Right next to the bus stop and some very good food The hosts, Lauren and Casey were chill and down to Earth. They even had Wi-fi. Would definitely recommend!
Great apartement and great place.
Great apartement with all commodities and very quiet for quality resting after walking around in the fantastic SF.
Great place with every thing you need around and frequent buses to go everywhere in SF.
Would definitely recommend the apartment.
This two bedroom apartment was clean and very well located centrally in the city. I was able to go on runs in Golden Gate Park and quickly drive to different parts of the city. There are a lot of fun little restaurants and bars right in the neighborhood and we were able to find street parking close to the apartment. The apartment is in a very old building however and much to our surprise there was no heating unit in the apartment. Given that we were visiting in late December it would have been nice to have known this prior to booking the apartment. I had my older father in law staying with us and he was not comfortable the entire stay. I will note that there was ample bedding which helped but better information would have improved our rating of the apartment. The Wi-Fi did work great however there was no TV.
We were very glad to host Lauren and her family for a couple of nights. They are very friendly and it was very easy communicating with them. They are definitely welcome back to our house any time.