My wife & I live in Northern VA with 2 kids, we love going to the beach house in Bethany Beach, DE, as often as we can get there! The kids love it and so do we, there's no better way to get away from it all. I'm originally from Buffalo, NY, wife is from Wilmington, DE.
When we go to the beach, things we love to do are....
- Hit the beach! ...and of course, the hard-earned 4pm happy hour afterwards
- Sit out on the deck at night, play cards or trivial pursuit with a group
- Day trip to Rehoboth for Playland (kids) and a nice dinner out
- Day trip to Ocean City for mini-golf, go-karts, and seafood
- Cook up a feast at home one night - seafood, steaks, wine....throw a movie in for the kids
- Mondays - family movie night on the beach! (See pic in our "photos")
- Golf. A few courses in Bethany, many in Ocean City, some in Rehoboth
Bethany Beach is a special place for our family, our kids one day will look back on some great times there growing up. We wish the Bethany experience on anyone and hope you find it as great a place as we do!