Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
I love to travel and and eat! Which works out great when I can get away from SF and get up to our cabin in Truckee where my husband cooks all weekend long (and I can eat all weekend long)!!
Sandee has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Had a great time at Sandee's cabin! It's close to Northstar and easy to get to Truckee for some good eats. The cabin is very cozy, spacious and can easily hold 6 people. We would def stay here again, thanks Sandee!
This cabin is lovely!! Not only it had been warmed up before our stay, but we were able to do a late check-out, and fully enjoy our short weekend in the mountains. We loved the renovation, fully updated bathrooms and great kitchen. Would definitely go back!
We had a great time staying at Sandee's place for our ski weekend.
Nice place. Kind owner.
Really enjoyed the cabin.
Our rental was a mixed bag. We were really looking forward to our stay at this place. Sandee was responsive during the reservation/booking process, and answered all my questions. However, during our stay, we were disappointed by the following:
1. The 3rd "bedroom" was a small room with a trundle bed (she told me this before we reserved) that also housed a washer/dryer and storage box (she did not tell me this before we reserved and it was difficult to see details in the floor plan). The pull out portion of the trundle could not be pulled out completely; we had to move it to another bedroom. This wasn't optimal, as we had planned for two kids to sleep in that room, separate from parents. To be fair, Sandee does not advertise this unit as a 3br. However, when I asked her about it before reserving, she did say that the kids would be able to sleep in there. What she didn't tell me was that it would be hard for them not to step over each other (had they been able to stay there).
2. Some things, such as most of the fans, weren't functioning properly with consistency. With 80+ degree weather, fans are important, since we couldn't get the air conditioning units to provide anything except fairly cold temperatures. Also, one of pipes attached to the master bath toilet started leaking (not due to waste or obstruction in the toilet), which caused flooding. Another problem was light on the fan in the bedroom my husband and I were using. It could not be repaired without entirely removing the fan. We managed without the primary light in the room. Finally, the TV (though we understood that there was no cable/satellite attached) received no reception. It would have been nice to know that the TV was basically a screen.
3. With the many issues, there were numerous visits from Sandee's property manager and repairmen. Although they were usually prompt, I didn't want to spend my vacation dealing with issues. We contemplated leaving after a couple of days.
4. The arranged transportation told us that the fee was higher than what we had agreed, so we had to have the property manager deal with that. She did deal with it, ultimately.
5. The dryer did not work properly.
Some of the positive things were:
1. The location was just as promised, and the unit itself had a clear view of the pool, and the ocean.
2. Most things were fixed within a day-ish.
3. Sandee was very responsive and ultimately gave us a 10% refund on our rental for all the hassles and problems.
4. The nightly cost was inexpensive when compared to other places in the area, for the holiday season.
I probably would not stay at this unit again. We met some people who were staying at the same complex; their unit (same layout) was much nicer than ours, although I don't know what they spent.
Our experience at Sandee's cabin was wonderful. Cabin was warm and inviting (the heater was turned on before our arrival). Sandee was accessible and easy to get a hold of when we needed anything. Extremely cute cabin that comfortably held our family of 5 (3 active kids). Would love to come back in the future!
This is a cute cabin with more than enough space for 2 couples to share very easily. The third bedroom is maybe more suited to an individual or children but could still fit a couple if desired.
The location is great, short drive to the local stores and only about 30 minutes from Lake Tahoe. The street is very quiet and I can only remember seeing a handful of cars pass the cabin during my stay there.
The washer and dryer would be handy to anyone planning to do a lot of outdoor activities during their stay. There is a large TV on the upstairs lounge which has cable (but unfortunately wasn't working when I was there).
The biggest downside is lack of air conditioning. On the second night there is really hit us just how hot it was inside the cabin. At one point the thermostat read 86. Ideally you need to think about opening a couple of windows at about 8pm to make sure it's nice and cool for the night.
Overall, I'd stay again and maybe bring along a third couple to really take advantage of all the space.
Sandee was very responsive and accommodating, a great host. She was
responsive before the trip and when we communicated issues to her during
the trip as well. The condo was big, comfortable and reasonably clean; an
easy safe walk to the beach. We did have a few issues, though...
When we arrived we were told the TVs didn't work, which was a surprise but
not a big deal. The WiFi was so slow we couldn't watch streaming online
video either. We were told one of the ACs (in the master bedroom) wasn't
functioning and that we should sleep in the guest bedroom the 1st night. It
was fixed the next day. The biggest issue is that we didn't have hot water
until the last day, but only because I didn't raise the issue sooner; when
I finally told our local point of contact about it, it was resolved quickly.
Overall a convenient, safe location near restaurants and the beach. A
responsive host, and a comfortable (if not perfectly maintained) condo.
Update: Sandee gave us a 10% refund for our troubles. Very nice.
We had a great time! With four adults and four kids, we easily fit into the three bedrooms, enjoyed the entertainment area upstairs and loved the open living space, with cozy furniture and great views. Kitchen was amazing with new appliances and well stocked in dishware. We found the location ideal, close to main road in Tahoe Donner yet tucked away in trees and snow. Will definitely hope to return next year.