WELL let me say that I truly am disappointed in this review as it is not an accurate portrayal of my hospitality so let me address all concerns here.
1. Not a private room- This is clearly stated in the description of my listing. Anton's lack of English made this a very difficult experience as a host and we did not enter this space while he occupied it which is why i classify it as a private room not shared (no one goes in there). FYI I allowed him to occupy the other private room in the home at no additional cost trying to be considerate and accommodating of his stay.
2. More expensive for the holidays- Yes there is a holiday rate (this should be time for family and vacation etc. not strangers). I actually decided NOT to go out of town due to his inquiry. Shame on me for actually trying to consider his time before mine (won't be making that mistake again).
3. Extra Rules/Clean Kitchen- Hmm he actually has a point here so I will now update my listing with a pic of the rules that are in the room. I am a GO GREEN type o lady so I compost and recycle. He mentioned in Ukraine that they only use 1 garbage can and he seemed to snub my concern for the environment through my practices. O well can't please everyone. BUT be mindful that if you want to rock in an eco conscious environment THIS is the place for you : )). BTW the rule is not to clean the kitchen it is to clean up after yourself, again the lack of English made this very hard. He says he saw dishes in the sink 3 times : / BUT every night we wash the dishes i guess he didn't want to see any at all during the daytime.
4. Short Bed- It is a Twin Sized frame (i will also update in listing)
5. Hole in middle of Sofa- For one this is not true but it also a Queen Sized pullout. I asked him if he preferred this instead of sleeping on the couch but he refused my offer.
6. No private space in bathroom- I ask that guests leave all of their items in their personal room so that their items are not compromised. This is actually a precaution i decided on for bot hthe guest and myself. I don't want to be blamed for something missing or going wrong with someones personal items so i think it a wise decision to keep all items in the room. I have also had previous guests forget items in the bathroom so I figured this would help eliminate that too : ).
7. No Freedom- Again you get keys based on a conversation with me first and it is at my discretion. This is not an unoccupied home it is my personal home where I live and try to maintain safety. I've had a bad experience with a previous guest who abused my dog while i was not there sooo sue me for feeling you out first. Anton gave off a very creepy vibe and so i was a bit nervous being in the house alone with him so much so that I locked my door when i was home!
Day 1- Ok well he clearly didn't follow instructions here
Day 2- I was home all day so not sure what he is referring to
Day 3- I came home when he said he would be here. I also told him to call me once he arrived and instead of doing that he sat in the park, this was his choice. Not to mention i made him Theraflu and Tea once he returned home.
8. No cupboard for shirts/shoes- There is a closet, dresser, and new bed frame with drawers that he had access to so i am not sure what he is referring to here.
9. Noisy shared room- There is no clock in the area and he didn't like the sound of the fridge....ok
10. Printing- Yes I pay for ink and it is expensive but i never told him no I wouldn't print so he was still able to have access to it.
I've learned that the language/foreign barrier can be a daunting experience. We have different cultural norms and expectations. I was not pleased with this guest at all but decided to keep my negative review to myself. Certainly a learning experience however I am disappointed with Airbnb's response to this matter. They were very unsupportive and I am questioning whether or not this will continue to work. What I will say is this experience will influence the way i accept guests in the future.
Always in love and light!!
As mentioned in all of my listings, guests receive keys based on a conversation with me first. It is at my discretion so please feel free to inquire with me first before making a final decision.
Thanks so much for considering my place : )!
Thanks so much David, i'm sure i fixed the bed immediately when you told me about it that afternoon : ). Future guests should be aware that they have access based on a conversation with me first, therefore keeping unusual hours is ok. It was great having you stay David, good luck with your journey!