I'm a web editor living in South East London with my boyfriend, who is an environmental consultant. We're in Brockley - an awesome bit of London, next to Goldsmiths Art College and a short journey from historical Greenwich in one direction and awesome East London shopping and night life in the other. Trains to Central London take just six minutes to land you right in the middle of town at London Bridge.
* Food and cooking (especially local, organic and seasonal produce)
* Craft beer and real ales (which there are plenty of in this part of London)
* Live music and record collecting (rock, surf, weird alternative stuff)
* Reading (1920s literature and historical biographies for me and environmental, sociological or musical non-fiction for him)
* Art galleries and art deco architecture
* Vintage shopping and obsessive eBaying
* Hiking (lots of cliff walking recently and a jaunt up a glacier in Iceland which was pretty memorable)
*Swimming (outdoor - the wilder the better)
We love to travel and experience locally-recommended bars, restaurants, record stores and shops. We've seen most of Europe, both coasts of the US and in 2013 took a three-month sabbatical to travel through the southern States, across Mexico, around Hawaii and across Canada.
Not quite backpackers - spent much of our teens/early 20s doing that - but we don't mind roughing it slightly to save money for more important things, like beer and vinyl...
We are non-smokers and both very clean and tidy - as design lovers, we have a very healthy respect for other people's property and will aim to leave every house just as we found it.