We are the first capsule reading station in Hong Kong.
The host was very friendly and helpful. She waited for me until 00:30 and led me to the bus stop to catch the early airport bus the next morning. The pod has lots of storage space and the light is beautiful. It was a wonderful experience. Highly recommended!
Undoubtedly an amazing experience, unique and memorable, everyone needs to try.
The location is prime, near the subway and on the main line of the city.
The host is a lovely person, very friendly and helpful. It is impossible not to love!
For sure I would stay again. I recommend to all!
This was definitely a very good experience. Where else can you have a capsule as your room? The host is an amazing person, extremely helpful and very friendly. I surely would stay here again and I do recommend to everyone who needs a few nights in Hong Kong. Give a chance for this experience, you won't regret!
Very good. Best compromise between hostel and hotel. In hostel there is a lot of fun and meeting people, but little privacy when sleeping. In a conventional hotel, a lot of privacy, but no way to meet new people. In contrast, with Capsule hotel you have a vey private space when you are inside the capsule pod, sleeping or just relaxing, and when you want to interact with new people, come out into the common room. Also, was close to major transportation metro line.
The folks at Mercury Reading Lounge are very friendly and accommodating. A comfortable and clean (and space-age) place to spend a night, or even just a few hours. The free water, coffee, tea, and biscuits were a very nice touch.
Capsule Pods is a very beautiful place. It is clean, light and nice. There are very friendly staff, they helped me navigate the city and find places that i wanted to visit. I recommend it for everyone.
The host is very nice. A little bit hot and noisy. However, as an experience, it is worth.
I'm entirely honest with my review so I will list out the Pros and Cons of my experience in the capsule.
- You do not get your own keys to leave and come back as you please, instead someone is meant to be there at all times to open the door for you. However, I had to wait outside the place for someone to open the door for me in two occasions during my stay, because nobody was inside. In this sense, it is unreliable.
- The place is listed in Aberdeen so that when you search "Hong Kong Island", it shows up. As revealed in the description, it is actually in Tsuen Wan, in the New Territories, quite far from Central. This is false advertising. If you want to stay in HK island or near there, this is not the right location for you.
- It is a bit complicated to get there. For people coming to HK for the first time, it might be quite confusing, and you will most likely have to ask for directions.
- As mentioned by everyone, the manager is really nice and willing to help you out with anything. I felt very welcomed during my stay.
- The capsules have enough space for you to sleep comfortably, though i'd recommend bringing a pillow of your own because the one they offer is stiff. They have USB outlets and regular outlets in every capsule, and shelves to put your personal items on, which is a major plus.
- The pictures show exactly what they offer, there's space to sit down and read, your own locker to put your stuff in, free coffee and tea. It is really quite a comfortable and relaxing place to come back to after a day in the crowded streets of hong kong.
Unique and memorable. Host Connie was very friendly and helpful. It was also ultra clean and felt very safe. The pod was actually quite roomy for me and there was lots of storage space. The toiletries were a nice surprise, the computer to access the internet was very handy as I was travelling without a laptop/smartphone. The hot drinks with biscuits made the stay very pleasant. Try it out!
Stayed 2 nights, great place, love the concept and pods are clean and comfortable. The host is very friendly and happy to help with anything. Free tea and coffee too! Would definitely stay again. Give it a try :)