Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Looking to offer my home for those intereted in visiting Austin.
Brian has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
The reservation was canceled 3 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Brian met us promptly, and showed us around the apartment. It is a very basic 2-bedroom with kitchen/dining and bathroom.
Pros: Fairly close to the shopping on S Congress (although the second time we went out we did drive down there because our feet hurt!). VERY clean with plenty of towels and washcloths. Separate tub/toilet area made it convenient for 3 people to use (since the other 2 could use the sinks and mirrors while someone was in the shower). Huge flat-screen TV (although we never even turned it on!). Very reasonable price and Brian willing to work with you on check-in.
Cons: This was much like a lower-end motel chain (like Motel 6, for example). Not bad but no frills. NO CEILING FANS ANYWHERE! (A huge deal in Texas in the summer!) The beds are queens, but very hard, creaky, and uncomfortable. The pillows are thin fiberfill, and we all had a hard time sleeping the night we were there. Some basic necessities were missing (e.g. paper towels, Kleenex) but plenty of toilet paper!
All in all, a decent place for a decent price.
We stayed there for two nights in early June. Austin is a terrific city, and Brian's appartment is just a few steps away from South Congress Avenue with a lot of shops, bars and restaurants within walking distance. The big pool is a relief after a hot day in town, before we got ready for another night out in downtown.
STAY AT BRIAN'S APARTMENT IN CROCKETT ST SOCO AUSTIN AT YOUR PERIL!
As I was attending a course in Austin I booked and paid way in advance to stay at Brian's accommodations for almost a month.
(1) The apartment was filthy dirty when I arrived and I had to request him to bring in cleaners which he did only a few days later. He also offered to have the lounge suite cleaned but this never happened.
(2) The washing machine did not work and was still not working when I left - I was told to use the facilities in the complex at my expense.
(3) Brian took nearly 10 days to get a change of towels and bed linen to me. Plus a bedside lamp and a plug for the bath and the kitchen sink.
(4) There were no teaspoons or side plates (only paper ones) and the oven encrusted in spilt food grime and dirt!
(5) I had untold problems with the Wireless connection and as some of my classes were online I was unable to attend those.
(6) Brian promised me a desk to work at prior to arrival but this never arrived.
(7) Some wall plugs and lights did not work and were never attended to.
(8) The air-conditioning unit broke down and it took Brian two days to have it fixed in the heat of Austin!
(9) Brian left me to supervise the cleaners and the air-conditioning repairman - making me responsible for his duties to me.
(10) Brian arranged to meet me at apartment on occasion but never arrived thus inconveniencing me - like the night aircon repairman eventually arrived - I was supposed to go out so Brian offered to come let him in and out but never arrived! I had to stay!
(11) I asked beforehand if the apartment was light as it looked dark in photos. He reassured me it was a light apartment - however it was a dark apartment only getting some light from the alley on one side and the passage on the other which meant people were able to look in - so no privacy unless blinds down and lights on.
(12) No cable TV so very bad choice littered with ads and promos!
(13) No cleaning equipment provided and the apartment is not serviced so one has to live in filth.
Apart from meeting me at the airport (albeit that he arrived late) and taking me to the shop for provisions en route from airport Brian proved to be totally incapable of providing suitable service - especially for long stays. I requested a refund at the end of my stay but he never even acknowledged my request. Airbnb however realised my plight and reimbursed me for the small amount I requested. Brian has never had the manners to admit his shortcomings or make recompense. He and his apartment were a disaster as far as I was concerned! Stay at your peril! Ingrid Lomas, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Brian's home was located in a very convenient location and very clean when we first got there. I loved how I was able to walk down south congress to get some good food instead of having to drive.
Brian met me right on time, was a flexible host with a great place in a convenient location. The place was comfortable and clean, located within walking distance to many SOCO restaurants and hot spots. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone.
A great spot. Brian was really easy to deal with and we definitely recommend it!
I had a great stay at Brian's place. He met me just after my cab dropped me off and there was a bottle of wine waiting. The place was clean and comfortable and the location's fantastic - just round the corner from Magnolia Cafe South whose breakfasts are a must-try while in Austin, and a pleasant walk along South Congress to downtown. I'd definitely stay there again.
Great place to stay! Clean, close to all the restaurants and concert venues in the South of Congress neighborhood, prompt responses from the host.
Communication with Brian before and during the stay was a breeze and went without a hitch. The place is on a cross street to South Congress, 2 minutes from the most exciting stores and restaurants. The apartment is a 2-bedroom, clean, quiet and the pool is open to the residents. I had a great stay and hope you will too!