We had booked Antonija's place for 2 days. Worst airbnb experience we have ever had. We were almost kicked out of the apartment, because she made a mistake in booking. Will NOT recommend.
She did a mistake and rented the same place to another person for our second night. When we reached Dubrovnik some random people picked us up on the street even before we reached the apartment no 29, which we had booked, and took us to other apartment, no 23. Nobody spoke english and we had no idea whats going on. They somehow managed to tell us that Antonija asked that we stay here. Finally after an hour of sign language, they called her and she told us that we have to stay there, no explanations given. Can you imagine our SURPRISE ?
Just a small room with 3 beds, no internet, crappy accommodation, completely different than the pics we had looked at and booked. For internet she suggested we walk over to her mother's place, no 27, and had to use internet sitting in her mother's garden.
Finally when we had enough of this drama, and my friends complained that we are not going to stay there, we called Antonija again. After arguing with her for almost an hour she explained how she had made a mistake and decided to put us in some other apartment. We refused and after a lot of argument, she let her stay in apartment no 29, but only for one night and told us to leave the next day. Imagine our surprise when we found out that the apartment is actually empty with no guests and she just decided on her own that we pay for better apartment, and we stay in a shabby place.
What I do not understand :
1. If she made a mistake in booking, why were we never made aware of this despite we had booked long in advance ?
2. How did she conclude that she can just put us in some other apartment and not even mention anything ?
3. We booked the place first and for 2 days, while the other lady booked later and for just one day. How is it fair that we leave just because other person paid more money ?
4. Even after all of this, never did she come to meet us in person, despite our requests, specially when none spoke english.
5. How about atleast an apology ? We never even heard a casual sorry out of her. This is unbelievable.