Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Connecting travelers with bespoke self-catering apartments in Central London.
We have properties throughout London, so please take a look at our other listings. We look forward to hearing from you. :)
Imaan + Bobby has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
The reservation was canceled the day before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Bobby & Imaan's house in Knightsbridge is absolutely incredible. It was such a privilege to stay in such a beautiful house in the most spectacular part of London.
The beds were extremely comfortable, the bathrooms were immaculate, and the kitchen was super cute and easy to get around. Wifi is available throughout the house. There are tons of board games and books in the living room, along with a nice telly.
I can't recommend this place highly enough! Can't wait to go back and stay in Thurloe Close again!
Nous n'avons pas vu Bobby et Imaan. Logement très agréable, super bien placé, juste en face du Victoria and Albert Museum. A ( min à pied de la station de métro South Kensington. Pour la douche elle fonctionne très bien, la pression est bonne, il faut juste vérifier que la pompe soit bien branchée.
The photos of this place are deceiving. The place is generally dirty, there was a blood (?) stained towel in the bathroom which was incredibly off putting. The internet doesn't work and I had two directors staying for work and they had to go down to pret each day to check emails, not ideal. I see from past reviews that the internet has been broken a few times... The shower takes a long time to get the temperature right - this needs to get sorted. The owners didn't get back to me quick enough when I complained. The middle woman is quite off hand and not so helpful. Basic things you need from an airbnb - clean towels, wifi and a good shower.
We tried to think of anything nice to say about this place and here is what we came up with - If you are looking for a place to crash after partying til the wee hours in Shoreditch then this is probably the spot for you.
Definitely my worst Airbnb experience. None of the rooms look at all like the photos, which was disappointing but beyond that the overall condition of the place was terrible. It is littered with old looking dirty objects, as if someone moved out in a hurry and only left the least important and dustiest things behind.
The house is not clean. The walls are dingy and stained. The drapes are stained, the carpets are worse. The whole place is kind of grimy. I found random hairs in my bed(did they even wash the sheets?!) and on the floor of the shower. And the bed sheets smelled like cigarettes, we're lucky we aren't allergic!! And the entire house smells like feet.
I'm a little shocked by the condition of the house, and even thought about asking for my cleaning fee back because it seems they aren't going to use it anyway.
Also the shower - the first few days it oscillated between freezing cold and scalding hot. By the end of our stay there was no hot water whatsoever. In London in October :(
Then there's our terrible experience on arrival - we arrived after an overnight flight and took a cab to the house. The host's instructions had been to text their representative when we were through customs, which we did. We received no response for 2.5 hours. When we did finally hear back she was still an hour away. Let me repeat, after flying all night we were left to wait outside in the cold with no communication for hours. We had a bunch of film equipment with us and it was raining.
I'm not surprised their cancellation policy is strict, if it were not I would have cancelled and booked something else that first day! Unfortunately we couldn't afford to lose the week's rental fee we'd paid down on the place so we were stuck. :(
The place is loud on the weekend nights but honestly it's in the heart of Shoreditch so we were expecting that, everything else came as an unpleasant surprise. I wish I were exaggerating but I'm not. I can't wait to forget all about this experience. Imaan and Bobby - get your act together!
Great location but needs major spring cleaning
This place as unfortunately an overall disappointing experience. While the location truly is really great there are a number of things that did not work:
- The interiors are not as depicted on the images we saw before booking at AirBnB. Basically it looks like the apartment is abandoned and only the most necessary items are left
- Half of the house consists of an unwelcoming, dirty staircase
- The kitchen, bathroom, towels, and bed linen were crisp and clean but the rest of the house needs a major spring cleaning - dust and lints everywhere, greasy surfaces literally everywhere too, pots and pans not properly clean, dirty windows... This did not have a cleaning standard I would offer to my friends if they were staying over at my place for free (and I do not consider myself sensitive!)
- Internet/wifi was down - when we arrived we were told it would be fixed the following day but it never happened.
What DID work was check in which was very smooth and we were in sms contact with a nice lady that helped us find a place (it is a bit hard to find the first time).
Be aware that the host will charge you GBP20 for arrival later than 9pm. We arrived 9.15...
Did not meet Imaan nor Bobby; but met with Dessie upon arrival, who was very welcoming and helpful, even when we arrived slightly late.
Beautiful neighborhood and apartment, and very cozy. Very close to many museums and just around the corner to the South Kensington underground station.
Not too close to any convenience store, though. So if you need to shop for breakfast it is a few blocks to the closest waitrose.
The bathroom doors could need better locking mechanisms and the shower's temperature take some practice to get right.
I'll make it short - here are the pros and cons:
The location of the appartment is amazing, simple as that. It's very close to one of the main underground (and overground for that matter) stations - Liverpool Street Station, and it's very much... well alive. Many young people, many clubs, many resturants. Simply one of the best districts to be.
Problem is, this is the only pro.
1) It's located about 100m or less from the Shoreditch highstreet overground train station. Which means you'll get a lot of noise in all parts of the day untill about 22:00 or so. And the bed on the 3rd floor actaully shakes every once in a while when a train goes by.
2) There are no closets at all. That'll make your life pretty unconfortable. So bring a nice bag with you -it's going to be your closet as well.
3) The shower is tiny. By tiny (not talking about the whole bathroom, talking about the shower itself) I mean 1X1m. The sinks are also tiny.
+ There is no continuous flow of hot water, it's hot and then it's cold again and you have to wait for it to get hot again.
4) If you're more than 4 people, don't get too comfortable, because there are only 4 chairs. Looking to eat dinner with everyone? You'll have to sit on the floor.
5) If you have a problem sleeping with noise, you're going to have a bad time. The street is packed with people at night and they are noisy as hell. There are a few places around that stays open untill late at night and they will make you lose a lot of sleeping time. Also, motorcycles. They drive past the streets very frequently and make even more noise. You can keep the windows closed (which will relieve the noise a little bit) but the place is going to be very hot.
6) Although the middleman, Dessie, said it wasn't like the before we came, we had no Wi-Fi. She said it might be due to the construction workers cutting through some wires, but nonetheless a week without Wi-Fi is not fun at all.
7) Speaking of Dessie, she's a very nice person who stood by us and agreed with everything we said at the end, but, she didn't really do her job as middleman (or middlewoman to be more precise). She didn't know the Wi-Fi details to try and fix the problem, she didn't know the details on the website and she wasn't aware of many of the things in the apartment. She canceled at the last moment twice to get our deposit back (300 pounds!)
8) Lastly, the owners were on vacation abroad. Which is fine. But they simply didn't reply to their own middleman, not helping us deal with the problems she (Dessie) said she couldn't handle.
In conclusion, it's a greatly located apartment, but apart from that, I really don't reccomend it.
Imaan has always been a bubbly character, who is very fun to be around, and has always been very attentive to her guests' needs and makes it a point to be quick to respond to queries. Her list of apartments is always expanding and her team is always standing by at a moment's notice. Booking through them is a pleasant stay guaranteed.
What can I say about Imaan and Bobby? They both are amazingly cool, well organized, thoughtful, humorous and unique people. If you're into design and little funky details, and if you are looking for warm, genial hosts focused on airbnb guests, making them feel as if they are staying with good friends, then you are about to make the right choice. The location of their apartments is awesome as they are all centrally located and close to public transport. Well-priced, very clean, and exceptional communication regarding a late check-in/arrival time.
We have been working with Imaan and Bobby for approx 4 years. They have always been very helpful, courteous and very quick replying to any messages. They have a great range of apartments all over London and you can't go wrong if you choose to book with them!