I love traveling, meeting new people from all walks of like.
I stayed at May's and Ian's place in Parow North for four nights. They provide rooms with shared bathroom and kitchen in a spacious house.
This is what you get for your money:
1. Very accommodating hosts: I had a very late arrival which was not a problem at all for them.
2. Very welcoming hosts: because of my late arrival they had some food and drink in my room waiting for me.
3. Very helpful hosts: I needed a lift in the morning of my first day and, when a taxi could not be organized right away, they stepped in and drove me in their own car; and by that evening they had found a very reliable driver for me.
4. Very friendly hosts: one night they invited me to join them and their friends for an evening out in downtown Cape Town. It was a low pressure invitation and I could have easily said no. But I am glad I joined them because, besides the fun, it included a nice and guided introduction to Cape Town.
5. Clean accommodation
6. Secure accommodation
7. Reliable wireless internet
Would I return: absolutely!
PS: Did I mention that they are enthusiastic paragliders, hikersand freedivers? Much stuff to talk about.
Maylene and I have known each other for 14 years from when we both lived in Johannesburg, South Africa. We have had many great times together. She is a kind, fun and loving person. Maylene and Ian are a wonderful couple who will welcome anyone warmly into their home. They are skydiving fanatics too. You will love meeting them, they are both down to earth, and anyone who meets them warms to them immediately.