Howdy. Thank you for reading my profile. Here are some interesting things about me:
1) I have a 20 year old daughter who's visited the following countries: Mexico, Germany, Austria, France, England, Ireland, Spain, Russia, Costa Rica and Japan.
2) I have a BA in History from California Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona for short)
3) I love to eat spicy food - Mexican, Chinese, Thai, etc.
4) I love British humor and movies
5) Among my favorite books: The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, The Lord of the Rings, books about World War I or World War II, books by Hunter S. Thompson.
6) I enjoy many kinds of music. My favorite band is the Beatles. I love Bluegrass and Dixieland Jazz.
As a guest, I would be quiet, helpful and respectful. Afterall, you would be allowing me to share your home. I was raised to always respect the space and property of others, so this would be no different. I'm a good conversationalist. I love to meet new people and get to know them. I also like to share things about me. As a student of history, I love to learn about the past, especially if you have a connection to the past - like if you have a old home. I am an easy going traveler, I would say. I like to keep things simple. I prefer simplicity to fancy.
The five things I can't live without:
1) A clean, yet simple place to sleep. It doesn't have to be fancy.
2) Friendly atmosphere.
3) The ability to recharge portable electronics overnight.
4) Tips for good/fun/unique local places to eat or visit.
5) The opportunity to repay your kindness in some way.
I'm sure I'll think of more, but I think this is a good start.
Thanks again, especially if you've read this far! :-)