I like friendly, clean people. Love sports, beach, healthy activities.
The location is very convenient. It's a perfect place to stay for the night if one needs to get to the airport the day after.
As always. Very nice.
the room is a bit noisy, but quite cozy and comfortable, I slept very well, Ben and his wife are very friendly. The house position is good, close to the airport. And another interesting places.
I'm very greatful with them.
I took a one day for waiting a flght. I did not meet Ben. but I met Hiromi. She was really nice. She sent me airport in the morning. And when I stay the house, she made me feel safe.
The house is closed everything! LAX, some restaurant, markets etc. If you have a flight tomorrow, It could be suitable house.
But, there is a problem.
The room was not clean. I found someone's socks under the chair. And carpet was dirty, Dust has collected on the window.
Ben and his husband was so nice with me and my dog.the place is quiet and in 20 min u can go to the beach or Venice and Santa Monica with bus or car.thanks Ben
Ben and Heromi are such nice airbnb-host! Very friendly, and very flexible when it comes to check/in and out. The room was super close to everything (Shopping, metro, busses). If I ever visit LA again, I would definately stay at Ben & Heromies place!
Ben and Naomi were super kind, down-to-earth and hospitable. They took care of me in the last moment. It was so fun talking with them about many things about life.. I travel to meet interesting people. So this place with such interesting hosts was a pleasant surprise to me. The location is better than any place in LA if you are in transit - you can take bus to the airport without paying to expensive taxi. Ask them beforehands.
The facility is basic but sufficient enough. Bathroom is spacious and clean. The room I stayed was different from what was shown in photo, with two beds, but I didn't mind. I am a relatively shallow sleeper but noise wasn't the issue to me even though the window was facing toward the street and that it is located next to the airport. Overall highly recommended place to stay in LA!
I usually don’t leave a review, but I feel sort of responsibility this time. I stayed here for 1 month, and hope I would be the last person having bad experience like me. Even though I have kind of bad memory here, I will write down a review from objective point of view.
When you searched this area through airbnb, some might feel weird seeing 3 rooms with the same owner and similar photos. I’ll tell you the detail. It is two-story house, the owner stays on the first floor, and guests stay on the second floor. On the second floor there are 4 rooms, kitchen, 1 rest room and living room. And the 3 rooms on Airbnb are all located on 2nd floor. Some might notice that it would be very difficult to use the rest room in the morning. Yes, it is. At worst, 8 people have to share the only one rest room. Especially, It was quite hard to use the rest room around 8-9 AM. It was ok with me, but there were several things I couldn’t stand.
- It was the worst thing I couldn’t stand. It seemed they didn’t do cleaning or laundry. It was ok. I could stand it. What really drove me crazy was cockroaches. I could often see them around sink at a kitchen. I even could stand it. But when I found a cockroach on my bed in the night, I just couldn’t stand it any more. It was really really terrible experience.
- This house is located just next to a road. I did military service, so I’m quite good at sleeping anywhere. But this place was quite tough for me. Ear plugs are not optional but mandatory here.
- Some rooms are actually not a private room. It seems like a private room when you see it for the first time, but if you stay there just for 10 min, you might be able to realize that actually it is not a private room. They divided the big room into two rooms with some mattress or something. So you can hear anything happened in the next room. The other room left is a private room, but it is quite small, and not available for wifi service. That’s why I couldn’t choose the room.
- Some might not be able to get your room keys. It could be dangerous because the entrance gate and door to the second floor is separated and is always opened.
- The room rate was different to each person. I paid $1,050 for a month, and I was the only person paying that money when I asked the other people staying in the other rooms. Others paid much less. I know there would be some commission to airbnb, but it would not be like $200. And I think $1,050 is not the right price considering all inconvenience. You can find much better room with less money.
The room is different form the picture. There are two beds there and really noisy at night.I shared the bathroom with others. It was my first time joining the airbnb but I am not very enjoy it.
The room was everything I needed for my 5 day stay. Close to the workshop venue in Manhattan Beach, cozy, and near several amenities, the airport, and bus stops. I wasn't given the room pictured in the ad due to some mixup, but that wasn't an issue. I'd definitely consider returning, but not during winter, since the house gets pretty cold!
All in all, it was a great stay. Thanks Ben and Hiromi!
They were excellent guests, very polite. I would welcome them back any time.