I am French and have been living in the US since 2007. I share my time between NYC and Miami for business. If you stay in my Miami apartment, you will very quickly notice by what is on the walls that I love traveling, outdoor sports and photography. Professionally, I am small business owner providing very specialized consulting services to Fortune 500 companies globally.
Let me try to answer to the standard questions suggested by Airbnb:
5 things I can't live without:
- 1 steering bar with 2 wheels (mountain bike, moto or any fun kind)
- 1 toy to play with the wind (kitesurf in Miami, but mostly a windsurf when I sometimes have a chance to go back to much stronger wind than in Miami)
- my 35 year old Hasselblad 500C/M film camera
- Wifi & 4G... The geek living in me needs it to read the news and watch youtube constantly. I can only forget it if on an adventure travel far from cities...
- many more toys to keep on trying to have fun like a kid (whether gadgets or sports stuffs)
Favorite destination: Miami, Cape Town, Maui, Bolivia, Rio
Favorite books: pass... I don't read much books anymore... Last readings where on Film Photography, Poker, Business and some occasional Thrillers such as the Girl with The Dragon Tattoo trilogy.
Favorite Music: A lot of Reggae, a bit of Jazz and some electro lounge
Favorite Food: Miso sea bass (if you have never tried, you can find great one in Miami), Ceviche, Sushi.... Just pretending I eat healthy. But mostly a lot of pizza and burgers... But good ones!
Style of travelling: I was all about sports destination for windsurf and mountain bike. Then I went to the tiny budget adventure trips. And now that I am married, and that I am a father, I like the luxury accommodation with good day trips for hiking, scuba diving or any adventure/sports activities.
Style of Airbnb hosting: Since my Miami apt is a place I live in on a regular basis, I wanted it to be as comfortable, easy to use, good looking and clean as possible. But most likely if you stay in my Miami Apt, it is because I am not in town. So I am not a very present host. That being said I am always available on the phone if you have any problem. Also I am fairly selective host and usually give strong priority to guest asking for longer stays and with previous positive reviews. If you profile is empty, I will most likely refuse... Sorry in advance.
Life motto: Adults have forgotten to play. You can learn anything with persistance.