I'm an avid traveler and working from "home" has allowed me the flexibility to make a home from wherever I'm at. My motto is "Have laptop, will travel".
I'm a huge fan of DC and for the past 8+ years of living here, I have yet to say, "I'm bored!". I also have the privilege of having the best tour guide in my husband who is a rare fine: a Native Washingtonian!
Here are some of my Favorite things to do in DC:
1) Hike through Rock Creek Park and have lunch on Barracks Row
2) Dinner in Chinatown followed by a movie at E Street Cinema
3) Stroll around Eastern Market on the weekend and enjoy the BEST buckwheat blueberry pancakes and fresh produce from local farmers. Check out all the vendors offering their latest goods: art work, jewelry, clothes, gifts, etc..
4) Rent bikes from Capital BikeShare and tour the Capitol building, the National Mall and more.
5) Smithsonians & Monuments, obviously!
6) Accumulate those credit card points and go shopping in Georgetown!
7) Fancy dinner followed by a show at Arena Stage
8) Sports fans? Depending on the season, The Nationals (baseball), Redskins (football), Caps (Hockey) and Kastle (tennis) players always put up a good fight!