Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Manuel has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Well, what can I say? We stayed in the apartment at villa hanny, This place is not what it seems. The photos are very deceiving, I would describe our experience as indoor camping. We were outside most the time of course, but the bathroom facilities were horrible along with the bug infested kitchen. The bedroom had bats living in it( that we actually didn't mind,they obviously didn't attack) but I was pretty unsatisfied to say the least.
The beach was beautiful and very
Bonne situation sur une plage très belle sans touristes .
Le logement est propre avec une belle piscine et la possibilité de faire un bbq.
Prévoyez un produit pour les moustiques.
La femme de Manuel est très sympa, nous ne les avons pas bcp vu.
Très bel endroit à faire pour faire la côte pacifique.
We LOVED Villa Hanny!!! Our first four days in Costa Rica at Villa Hanny were wonderful. The place is large, very open and airy and provided all the comforts and basics that we needed. Simon, the caretaker of the property, was there to welcome us and answer questions, provide information about the area and overall was very helpful during our stay. The house itself is exactly as described and the location was perfect. It's a long dirt road to get there, but well worth it. The beach was right out the front door, the views from the top floor were amazing and the pool was a definite added bonus. We had miles of beach all to ourselves. The sunsets were spectacular, the ocean warm and it was everything we had hoped it would be. There were fans all around the house that we could move and place where we needed them to be. There were a few games and cards that we took advantage of in the evenings. The only thing to keep in mind is that you will need to pack your own beach towels as they are not provided and they are hard to come by in town. If you find one, it will cost you and it will be super thin and chintzy. The internet worked well, the outdoor shower was much appreciated and our overall stay was amazing. We thoroughly enjoyed our late night swims in the pool, the morning coffee on the upstairs deck and our afternoon reading sessions in the hammocks on the front porch. Our only regret was that it was already rented for the weekend so we weren't able to stay longer. If/when we go back to the Pacific side of Costa Rica, we will definitely go back to Villa Hanny!
Hormis le fait que ce soit un peu isolé c'est endroit très agréable avec une vue magnifique! La plage se trouve juste en face de la villa donc très pratique. On a passé un super séjour on est ravis! L'hôte est très avenant et soucieux de notre bien-être! ;)
We were welcomed by the caretakers and they made us welcome. We have a mixed experience at Villa Hanny.
- Right opposite the beach (literally 10m) with beautiful sunsets
- Lovely swimming pool which we all loved, especially the pool floats
- Pleasant garden
- Remote location (if that is what you want)
- Caretakers were very helpful and friendly
- the condition of the house is poor. I think it has moved from 'rustic' to 'run down' since the photos on airbnb were taken. Clearly the tough physical environment has taken its toll on the building. Worrying, given we have a 2 year old, a large chunk of concrete fell from the 1st floor balcony planter boxes onto the backdoor step overnight. If this had hit someone they would have been seriously hurt. To be fair the caretaker responded quickly with a patch up job of installing netting to reduce the risk of further falls and said he would take further action to remove the planters. I would ask of this has been fixed if I were to book again.
- it is very dark and gloomy inside despite an additional lamp downstairs. Did not make us want to spend time inside at night. some bulbs were missing but we should have mentioned this at the time.
- the main staircase was missing a balustrade, a concern for our daughter and our 81 year parent
- several bats visited us both downstairs and upstairs, leaving droppings on our daughters beds
- generally fittings are worn and contributes to the poor cleanliness though I imagine this is due in part to sea front location and open netting windows
- water is undrinkable and salty in showers. They did provide one container of drinking water but we were advised to buy more ourselves when this ran out (however the caretaker did provide us with additional water when requested)
For a family with older parents and a child this house did not suit us, but may be suitable for others who are happy to stay in a place with the drawbacks above.
Belle villa pour le prix. Peu touristique et calme. Piscine bien entretenue. Petit coin de paradis en face de la mer. Idéale pour une famille ou un groupe. Pas d'eau chaude mais il fait tellement chaud que nous en avons pas besoin. Simon le voisin d'à côté s'occupe de l'entretien de la villa et est bien sympathique.
Le lieu est paradisiaque! La maison se trouve au bord de la mer. La maison est à 40 min en voiture du parc manuel Antonio. Simon fut disponible. Nous serions bien restés plus longtemps.
Una casa lindísima. Se la recomiendo a cualquiera, bien equipada y a buen precio. Además es un puntazo que esté frente al mar.
Our family of five rented the apartment at Villa Hanny. Although the apartment is listed as sleeping 6, it is definitely more comfortable for 4. That being said, we had a very nice stay there! They have a nice, shared pool and BBQ area below the apartment and it's just steps away from the beach, which is not very populated! The pool is perfect for kids as well since it's not super deep. Manuel also does an excellent job of corresponding before and during the stay. The on site caretaker Simon, is very helpful and friendly. We definitely plan on staying here again in the future.
Manuel provided great communication prior to our arrival and was there to meet us when we arrived. The house was exactly as described and was just what we were after. The beach starts 5 metres from the front fence. The beach has very long tides and is safe to swim in (being careful given it is an ocean beach). Having an outdoor shower is very handy to wash off before a swim in the pool. The house is nearly at the end of the Palo Seco beach road and is situated in a quiet area. Hopefully we are able to return one day as it is very rare to stay so close to the beach in a safe and quiet area.
Great guest, definitely recommend !
Kimiko and Toshio enjoyed hosting and serving Manuel -san, very gentle, very friendly, very good at chatting with other tourists.
Wishing to see again soon and have a lot of fun.