Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
im from brooklyn new york born and raised, i love to meet new people and net work
Serenity has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
We stayed in Serenity's studio for 3 nights and we had a great time! The apartment is small but if you only need it for sleeping it is completely fine. It is very close to a subway station, which makes it very convenient if you want to discover NY. Furthermore, Serenity was very nice and always answered to our mails immediately. We would recommend this place to everyone!
Nous avons passés un très agréable séjour à Brooklyn dans le petit appartement de Serenity ! Le lit est très confortable, la salle de bain bien rénovée et beaucoup de choses à disposition : sèche cheveux, fer à repasser et planche, micro onde, couverts, verres.. Mention spécial pour le super rooftop !! Nous avons eu un très beau temps ce qui nous a permis de bien profiter de la terrasse. Par contre pas d’électricité donc pas de lumière le soir, dommage, mais nous avions des bougies ! Le quartier n'est pas touristiques et sans bar ou restaurants incroyable mais on trouve de tout : Pizza, chinois, sandwich, supérette, vin.. Les Pizza de "Chef Pizza" sont délicieuses et de bonnes affaires en produits de tous les jours au "magasin à 1$" ! Le station de métro de la ligne C est juste à côté de l'appartement ce qui est très pratique !! En 30-35 min vous êtes à Times Square. Pour les personnes qui ne veulent pas être dans la cohue de Manhattan et découvrir Brooklyn je recommande vivement ce logement !! Tiphaine & Benjamin
We were very disappointed with this apartment for several reasons :
- first, we had not been welcomed by serenity, she just sent us a text with codes to get into the apartment.
- it is really, really small. For two people, with big luggages you have no space left at all. And also it is dirty.
- because Serenity did not welcomed us, we were unable to get WIFI for three days ( password is not that easy to read ) and even after you have to enter login and password each time you use your device. Furthermore it is a very slow WIFI. Do not think about face timing your relations back home, it is impossible, you have to go to Starbucks.
- Refrigerator is not working, well not exactly but there is the light when you open it but it is not cooling at all. I had twice my milk rotten because of that, a bit annoying.
- The roof top is nice, especially when it is sunny, but again, it is so dirty that you are careful on where you sit or do anything. There is a bumblebee nest near so you have to be careful.
- There is no lavatory in the kitchen, which is really annoying because you have to wash your plates in the bathroom, in a 20x20cm lavatory, which is not so easy. So do not think of using the apartment as a kitchen.
- The bed is really not comfortable, with holes in it, be careful not to fall while sleeping !
- We were told few hours before that we had to leave before 11am which she could have told us earlier. Again, Serenity was not there, just closed the door and bye bye, what an airbnb experience !
Nevertheless, good points :
- The C train is just 50 meters away, it gets really easy and fast to go downtown.
- It is not so expensive for NYC.
Perfect spot for a weekend getaway. It was located half a block away from the subway. It had everything we needed and more. There are also great restaurants within walking distance. The neighborhood felt safe and was pretty quiet at night. The key pad locks made it super simple to get in and we didn't have to worry about keeping track of keys. I would definitely recommend it to friends.
I was really pleased with this (my first) airbnb experience. The host texted me the day before and day of my arrival to make sure that I had all of the information I needed, as well as later during my stay.
The apartment is really clean and had everything listed. It rained several days when I was there, but I did get out on the terrace one day and that was really nice.
I was a little nervous when I noticed the name of the neighborhood, but I never had any trouble. My few interactions with people on the street were great, and I got home very late several nights without any worries. (I didn't spend any time in the neighborhood except to sleep.) The subway stop is so close to the apartment, which added to my feeling of safety.
We had a great stay at Serenity's apartment. It was very easy to travel floo Manhattan and all over Brooklyn from the apartment. The subway is right outside the door. The apartment is small, but very clean and perfect for a quiet place to sleep. We will definitely be back!
We had a great time in this kind apartment, quiet and very close to the metro. We highly recomend this place ! The terrasse is very nice.
Serenity was available and gave us good advices.
Except some difficulties with Internet, everything was perfect!
Althea was very accommodating. Our flight arrived at 7:00am and she had no problem with us showing up so early in the morning. Her uncle met us at the front door and let us into the building. The space was small, but just fine for what we needed during our short stay in NYC.
There's very little room to prepare any kind of meals, and you wash dishes in the bathroom, but we made due and had a couple of picnic dinners. We weren't able to make use of the rooftop seating area because it was quite cold while we were visiting. This definitely would have been a bonus and made food prep/meals that much better. The coffee maker didn't work which was a drag (I'm a bit of a caffeine addict), but it just gave us a reason to get out in the morning and look for new coffee shops and brunch/breakfast places.
The C line is just down the block from the apartment, making it very easy to get around. We were also able to get to the JFK airport with very little hassle and saved the cost of a taxi fare. Getting to Williamsburg requires a bit of back-and-forth on the C to G lines, but all travel takes around 30 minutes which is really very decent.
Overall nice stay.
The apartment was simple, with the basic essentials but perfect for students or people travelling as its location was right next to the train station. Althea was a very accommodating host ready to help us with any problems ... Thanks again althea !
The reservation was canceled 7 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.