1. Big people - broke the Ikea chair the very first day. Sad. I didn't want to say anything about it. I let it go!
2. there is a TV, on my other ads I usually specifically state " No cable service", but because there is a TV set and a DVD Player, I checked it yes. I will make sure my listing description does provide this information from now on.
3. I contacted Gary via the phone about a week before he arrived! Then I confirmed the time with him a day or two before his arrival day. Sorry, I had to plan around my schedule as well. My check in time is 3pm - clearly stated on the listing! if guests don't arrive by then, if I have a scheduling conflict, then I let them enter the unit on their own. I have to manage it all myself to keep the cost down. I am usually very flexible with guests arrivals/departures whenever I can.
4. It's in my practice to not make up the bed and to leave the clean linens on the bed as some of guests questions the 'freshness of the linens' or they prefer to re-wash them themselves...so I always leave the clean linens which are usually straight out of the dryer as the proof of their cleanliness. I never had this complaint before.
5. Extra bad thing: the beam on the bed frame was bent to the extent that the next guest who moved in had to sleep on one side of the bed and couldn't use the second side. I had to fix it. it wasn't reported to me by Gary. But I didn't claim it with airbnb, because I didn't want to sound nagging and ungrateful because he did fix my kitchen sink and I couldn't thank him enough for that! it was Gary's idea to fix it himself, I didn't expect it and I didn't ask him. I've would've called a handyman, so telling here that I wasn't grateful or bragging for some type the material appreciation is tacky and impolite.
6. I said in my review that I would host Gary and his wife with no doubt again, and after reading this review, which was a surprise to me, I don't feel I want to host these people again. Whatever issues they might have experienced, they should've told me first about it or how they feel about it. They gave me a wrong perception that everything was OK. I am open to a constructive criticism and I see some valid points in this complaint, which I will try to improve/implement, but the fact that people are complaining behind my back and still smiling in my face, doesn't feel right to me.