Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community, and it doesn’t go unnoticed!
Hey there, I'm Javanese living in Bali already for 10 years. I love art and good music, my house is in a small quiet village of Dalung, about 10 mins from Echo beach.
Ayu has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Located off the beaten track, Ayu's house is a gem! What you see from the photos is exactly what you'll get, yet, it offered me so much more than that. You have to be there to experience it! Plus, with an awesome and accommodating host, my stay there has got to be the best one so far, while in Bali. Step into her house and you'll be living an example of what Airbnb is all about; live, breathe and travel like the locals!
We had a great time staying at Ayu's place. Ayu is very kind and welcoming. She organised motorcycle hire for us and stayed up to greet us upon our late arrival which was really nice. The house itself is very charming and in a neighbourhood away from the tourist traps which gives you a more authentic feel for Balinese life. We stayed in the upstairs room which was spacious and very comfortable. Our four year old daughter thought Ayu was the best!
Ayu was very welcoming and helpful, so I feel little sorry leaving negative review. Anyway, if you plan to come to this house, please be ready for:
1. Lots of spider nets, we had to clean ourselves
2. Dirty floors, we had to clean ourselves
3. No AC, one is cut from power, second has two options: freezing cold or not working at all
4. Nice room you see on photos is upstairs and is taken by another person, you can't have it
5. Internet is not working and 3G is not working. House is located low, so even cell phones aren't working.
6. Sink is blocked and water is not going down.
7. Door lock is impossible to open after you locked it.
8. Second door is locked the way its easy to open from outside - no real security
9. Owner forgets to pay for electricity — one night without light and water
10. Toilet close to sleeping room and stinks, maybe because of pt. 9
11. Bath is dirty, you don't want to take it
12. There is no real double beds, but 1.5-sized beds
13. House is dark and is lacking proper lights. Photos are made in super sunny day and photoshopped, reality is not that bright.
14. It is really far away from everything you could need in Bali. Traffic is horrible on Bali, so expect 30 mins to beach and 60+ mins to Kuta/Seminyak in day time. We were driving on bikes full speed with Google maps in hands of passenger, could not be faster.
15. Ah, almost forgot most important thing. On the roof you can hear RATS scratching in the night time, when you try go sleep. Or maybe some kind of other animal you don't want to know about. Really loud unpleasant sounds.
16. One day you feel GAS smell all around the house. Outside the house you find gas tank with running gas you turn off to prevent house from blowing up.
In the end some positive — house is really nice looking and owner is super hospitable. Anyway, if you're looking for some comfort, it is not there.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It be great holidays! Ayu very fun and active people! She's advice help us see more and have more fun! I love Ayu's house and she! Thank you very much!!!
Loved this place! I came to stay with my boyfriend for 3 nights as a break from the tourist trail. The house is beautifully decorated, light and airy- a nice place just to relax- and the main bedroom we stayed in was comfortable and spacious. A couple of things needed fixing (leaky pipes, lightbulbs).
Because Ayu was busy we didn't get to meet her, but she was really helpful with sorting out taxis, telling us about the local area and making sure someone was there to meet us.
A very pleasant stay :)
Very nice house, there is everything you need. Hot and cold water. Far from ocean, but it's ok if you rent a bike. Ayu and her friends are very good hosts.
It was awesome staying at Ayu's house super relaxing and helpful
The house is super cool, we love it,.. Ayu and her friend Anita are nice people and very friendly. The house is very not in a tourist area, thats why we choose it because we really want to feel having a holiday in Bali and not in Hollywood avenue :) so please i think i can say that u should try to stay at ayu and experience a real life balinese rock n roll life! :)
La casa esta muy grande tiene jardines y la cama esta super comoda, tiene estilo de vintage y tradicional balineses. La dueña se llama Ayu y Anita, las dos son personas super cool y amables y bonitas tambien. La casa esta un poco lejos del centro de turismo pero eso es lo que buscabamos, vivir la vida en Bali como vive la gente alli, en pueblo y ver la gente como vive alli. me gusta! y volveremos!! :)
Ibu ayu is energic anf polite girl.
We had a nice dinner evening with Ayu and her traveling companion Antone. Great adventures they shared.