Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Thea has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
How did your host make you feel welcome? - Perfect. Clean and very responsive.
Was the listing description accurate? - Yes.
What was the neighborhood like? - Nice. Kids loved to run about the place, there was even a small visitor - a rabbit - in the garden that made it super exciting for them.
First off, this was my first AirBnB experience. I reached out to Thea for a whole house rental for a huge family event in New Jersey. Thea was very responsive during the whole process, and was clear on what her house was offering. The fast and open communication occurred several times before the rental, and also during the rental. Thea and her husband Justin was on their honeymoon, so I didn't expect answers to my emails as quickly, but she was very prompt to answer my concerns while I stayed at her place. I would imagine that Thea would be even more responsive if she was not on her honeymoon. So with my opinion of Thea out of the way, here's how I felt about the property.
1. It is in historical Maplewood NJ. Being a historical house, there is a significant amount of character to the house. Yes it is old, but it is very spacious. It provided plenty (and actually way more) room than we needed for a family of 12.
2. It is great to have 5 (3 full 2 half) bathrooms in the house that's fully working. It's great because we never had to fight over bathroom usage the whole time we were there.
3. The neighborhood was great. We felt very safe during out entire time there. We see people jogging around at all times of the day. Stores were within 1 mile away so we had no trouble making quick runs. We even found a Catholic church less than a mile away.
4. Trash collection was twice a week, so it was great to not see trash pile up.
5. The house has no carpet besides the area rugs. Worked out perfect as we have a few in our group that has bad allergies.
6. Thea's house has VerizonFios. Internet is fast.
So here are a few points that didn't work out as I expected.
1. We didn't know any better and got a hefty ticket for parking on the road the first day we were there. So for all fellow AirBnB, check local laws first as I know I will in the future.
2. The house is HUGE. Keep track of where you leave your stuff. We definitely misplaced a few things around the house. Also, a few in our party were a little scared of the house. It was too big for them to handle and scared to go up to the 3rd floor because of how old it looked.
Overall, this has been a great experience and hope other fellow AirBnB folks can enjoy Thea and Justin's house in the future.
Easy to deal with and very respectful of my place. I would highly recommend Thea and welcome her back.