Westminster College - London, England;
City University - Bratislava, Slovakia
I enjoy creating homes for travelers.
We had a lovely welcome from Monikas brother Peter, who kindly met us early in the day and gave some really helpful advice for traveling on up to the mountains. The flat comfortably sleeps three, and it's worth knowing that leaving some time between showers ensures everyone has hot water, we didn't realise this whilst we were there. The flat is in a great location and we'd recommend the restaurant 'bartislava' just round the corner for anow authentic affordable meal.
Perfect small room in a great location of Bratislava. The room was clean and everything was easy checking in. I met with Monika's brother, Tony, who did not speak English, but we managed just fine. Overall, quality experience for a quick stay.
Nice apartment in a convenient location -- walking distance to both the main train station as well as many historic sites. Very friendly hosts who are knowledgeable about the area and happy to provide assistance and guidance to their guests.
My girlfriend and I stayed at Monica's apartment for 1 night. It was clean and centrally located. Monica and her brother were very helpful! It's about a 20 minute walk from the bus station and located right in old town. Monica shared many suggestions about what to do in town.
This was our second time in Bratislava, and we were familiar with the location although this was our first time renting through AIRBNB. The location was perfect for us, between St Michaels Gate and the Main Square. The price was higher than other units, but the included amenities were worth the extra cost, until we found out shortly after our arrival that the listed amenities were not included in the price. We experienced a June heat wave with temperatures around 90 degrees Fahrenheit - and we asked how to turn on the AC, an included amenity along with WiFi, etc. We were advised by the management that air conditioning could be made available, for an extra 7 euros per day, payable in cash for the remainder of the stay - it was not available on a day to day need basis. The management criticized us for first saying we would not take it at the extra fee (nearly 130 euros); after another 24 hours of stifling heat, unable to open the windows because of late night joy making in the street, considering our limited options, we decided to agree to the demands.
Other issues with "unit 3 excellent location" may or may not be related to personal preferences, but we share these experiences in case this information is of interest:
- the one reading lamp was dysfunctional and it was suggested that we should wrap the cord around the base so that the wiring would line up - unacceptable for us
- the toilet tank ran incessantly, requiring multiple flushes to get the shut off flap to seat. While the management told us of previous renters who had used an excessive amount of water, they were not willing to make this repair, even after the pipe at the base of the tank disconnected and spilled the content over the bathroom floor. The pipe was repaired within 24 hours during which time we used the bailing method to flush the toilet.
- there are not instructions and very limited demonstration for use of the range or the washing machine, however management was quick to tell horror stories of other renters who had experienced problems because they did not know how to properly use those appliances. When I asked for more information, I was advised that operation was "logical".
- the kitchen in minimally equipped, however the refrigerator and freezer worked very well, making it quite convenient to microwave eggs and steam vegetables
- there a tea kettle, but with no automatic shut off one should not leave it unattended
- and filth! Again this may be personal, but getting black soot or grease on your feet when walking across the kitchen floor, not to mention when wiping the counter, required that I buy supplies and clean before I could cook
Bratislava and all of Slovakia are a great choice for an enjoyable and fulfilling long stay - just pick a different apartment or benefit from our experience
Great apartment and host, close to the city center clean and private. We arrived very very late and Monika still came and met us
Monika is a great hostess, good communicator and a very cheerful person. We did not stay in this unit so cannot comment on it as Monika shifted us to another unit when we arrived. The building is in a perfect location adjacent to the Old Town with easy access to everything. We would not hesitate to recommend any apartment hosted by Monika and her brother, Tony.
The apartment is very central, and stays nice and cool throughout the hot days. It is plenty big enough for a couple, and has everything you may need.
This is a slightly quirky but very pleasant apartment - which is one of the joys of Airbnb after faceless international hotel rooms - in a very good location. Monika was very helpful with arrangements and local knowledge, and flexible with checkin/checkout times.
Well placed for exploring the gorgeous old town of Bratislava on foot, it also has both bus and tram stops right outside. We arrived by boat from Vienna, and it is an easy 10 minute walk from the quay on the Danube.
As well as the old town and castle, I'd recommend paying the 6.50 Euros to get up to the viewing platform on top of the UFO restaurant on the bridge. Scary, but great views over old and new. Tip - there's a micro brewery (Zámocký pivovar) on the road down from the castle if you need refreshing. Lovely beer and a nice looking menu too.
We definitely feel Bratislava is worth another visit, and this is an ideal apartment for a short stay at a very good price.
We had a wonderful stay with Monika in Bratislava. The apartment was clean, centrally located, and had everything we needed. Monika was very warm and helpful and gave us a map and some suggestions for activities upon arrival. Next time I go to Bratislava, I will most definitely try to stay in one of her apartments. Thanks!!