Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
I'll try to keep it short,
I'm a full-time furniture designer born and raised in Amsterdam.
Airbnb has become a part-time hobby on the side!
Sacha has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
The apartment was very nice, quiet despite a busy location in the middle of Kreutzberg.
The location was excellent and all communication with the host was easy and effortless.
All in all i great place!
The place was great. very well situated in Kreuzberg. Rutger wasn't there to give me the keys, but i worked out perfectly with a friend of his. If there were any questions, i could write him an email and he responded me as quickly as possible. Nice play to stay in berlin.
Rutger's apartment was absolutely beautiful. Exactly the same as in the pictures. It is the perfect base for exploring Berlin, with 2 train stations and various bus stops within a few minute's walk. It is situated on a street with a lot of nice restaurants, bars and cafés but the apartment is separated from this by a courtyard so it isn't noisy.
We had a great time staying here and would definitely stay here again if we returned to Berlin.
Thank you Rutger :-)
Both, the loft and the host are just great! It was my first experience with Airbnb and I booked it for a family reunion. The lovely designed loft in its perfect location made this experience be amazing! It was mainly just too short;) I highly recommend that place. Thank you so much Rutger! Jule
This was our second stay at Rutger and Sacha's place, and this time we stayed for a month. It is such a great place to feel at home in, as well as to invite people for socialising if you need to. Close to everything. We had the added bonus of a few snowy days, so the courtyard was covered in white. However the place stayed warm and cosy always. Rutger was quick to deal with any issues that arose and overall we had a great experience. It really was just like a second home, and we did leave with more than a touch of sadness, but also very happy to have stayed there once again.
Rutger was a great host! He was easy to reach and communicative throughout our stay. The loft was a nice open space with pretty good WiFi. Several places are in walking distance and it has easy access to the U. There's actually a nice coffee spot in the shop next door to the loft too.
Wonderful house in the perfect location. By far a place that i would suggest. Rutger made everything go smooth. Thumbs up
My first experience with Airbnb.. and definitely not the last one!
A amazing (but too short!!) stay, thanx to this perfectly located and very lovely and design loft!
Contact with Rutger and team has been perfect too, even if we had late check-in / early check-out!
We will definitely come back to Berlin/ Kreuzberg area and there's no doubt we will rent this place again!
Rutger and the loft were both amazing! He was incredibly helpful and communicative from the start to finish. The loft itself was beautiful, spacious, full of natural light and close to great spots to grab food + drinks. Not to mention located right by the u-bahn if you want to explore more of Kreuzberg/Berlin! Definitely recommend this place - it was amazing :)
First, the PROS:
- Big! It's a large studio space with high ceilings, split into four quadrants: kitchen, dining room, living room, and bedroom, with a bathroom.
- Open! There are only partial walls splitting the different areas, giving the space a big open feel.
- Light! There are four large windows on each side, so it lets in plenty of light.
- Unique! The use of wood stumps and logs, live plants, and unique one of a kind wood tables make the place feel different and cool, like you're living in a quirky artist's apartment. It's not the same ol' Ikea so many Airbnb's have now - except the Expedit bookshelves. :)
- Good basics included: A stereo is provided that you can hook up your own device to, which I always like. There's a washing machine etc.
- Quiet: it was really quiet at night, with no street noise (the building is inside a courtyard and does not face the street.) Great for getting a good night of sleep, and the bed is very comfortable.
- Good wifi: Some places say "internet is included" but it barely works or is very slow. It works great here!
And some CONS:
- Loose fixtures: these seem to abound around the place: the ceiling light above the bed is partially dangling. Some of the electrical outlets are loose and popped out of the walls. The kitchen and bathroom faucets are loose. The toilet seat is loose.
- Mold: There is mold around the bathtub and on the shower curtain. There was a bit of a moldy smell around the kitchen. Possible due to the live/drying plants.
- Squeaky floors: not that big of a deal if you're used to it or you have a little music playing, but the wood floors crack and squeak quite a bit as you walk around.
- Dirty things: The electric water kettle is very dirty. Some of the kitchen items weren't necessarily clean, so we needed to pre-clean everything we used to be sure. Baseboards were very dirty.
- Privacy: One of the windows is missing the curtain rod and curtain, so there is no possibility of privacy from that window. The other windows have semi-transparent curtains, which will obscure, but not fully conceal the inside of the apartment. It was fine, but some people might not like that.
- Heat: there are radiators below each window. We had an email exchange with Rutger about turning them on, but it didn't end up working. So the apartment was very cold. I wouldn't want to stay in winter.
This is a very cool space with a lot of potential, but it currently needs a little work to fix it up and clean it up.
they good great guesthey are really nice,kind and friendly,
Rutger and Mandy were great guests.
Very nice neat respectful and easy going.
They took good care of the place.
We would highly recommend them.
A very nice and warm person. We were very glad to have you here even if it was for a short time. We hope to see you again! Thank you for you patience, Rutger!
I stayed at Rutger's place in June and it was a lovely place in a lovely setting. Rutger is a very friendly, light and very social, creative and smart person which is great company. He's very helpful and his apartment is very neat and clean and most of all, decorated with consideration and good taste :) The place is located very well, it's very spacious and light and it's a delight to stay there. It has a cute entrance with trees and somewhat of a garden. It's located very central in one of the best neighborhoods of Berlin.
Rutger is and always has been a great host, very sensitive of people's needs and always there to help out and answer any questions or give you tips, or look something up for you if you can't find it. He's very well round with all kinds of cultures and people, open minded and curious, which makes him a great host, a great person and a great new contact!
Can't wait to be back in this place!