Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
artist. teacher. cat mom.
i love my apartment, but travel a lot when i'm not working. i have a kitty, but she can take a vacation when you come stay if you'd prefer.
Giacinta has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Giacinta has a beautiful apartment that provided a comfortable stay. I didn’t meet Giacinta as she as she rents out her room while she’s away, but she was very good with communication.
On the plus side:
- The apartment is very well-located for travelling to/from JFK: it’s 10 minute walk to Essex/Delancey subway station where you catch the J train to link with the AirTrain to JFK terminals.
- The trains stopping at Essex/Delancey subway station also provide good access to the rest of the city. A couple of other subway stations are close by if you need different lines.
- I particularly enjoyed Essex Street Market that has excellent fresh fare at reasonable prices, just outside the subway station.
- Many interesting cafés and bars close to the apartment
Giacinta’s place is very well-priced considering it’s Manhattan. So if you’re not comfortable with the following, you’ll need to up your budget to match your expectations:
- The neighbourhood is not the best (it’s not the worst either). For instance, during my stay there were some loiterers close to the entrance to the apartment block. I am aware that terms of reference for safety are highly subjective, but as a woman travelling alone, I felt I needed to take a little extra care. That said, Giacinta and her flatmate are women and are clearly comfortable with living there (as are many other young working people I saw in the area), so this puts my sentiments in perspective.
- Since Giacinta wasn’t around launder sheets between the sets of guests, she arranged with me to I bring my own towel and bedding.
- Giacinta asks visitors to leave the place clean after their stay, so be prepared to do your bit before you leave. The general cleanliness of the apartment and the room was very good during my stay.
If you’re easy-going, on a budget and just need a cosy, clean, comfortable place, look no further.
I had a good experience staying in Giacinta's apartment for six nights.
It is conveniently located in an area bursting with cool bars/cafes, just a few blocks (8 minute walk) from the subway. Compared to the quiet town I'm from, this particular street was a bit noisy at night and had a few characters hanging around, but nobody ever bothered me and as a young female traveling by myself I felt reasonably safe coming back to the building in the evenings, especially as I warmed up to the area and felt more at home.
I already miss the cute and quirky apartment. Good bedroom with an excellent window fan and a comfortable bed. There is also a lovely kitchen, a bright bathroom, and a beautifully decorated living room with lots of interesting-looking books.
Giacinta was in Europe during my stay, but she organized everything well ahead of time, answered all my questions and provided several helpful tips: how to get there from the airport, how to lock/unlock the doors and her favorite bars/restaurants in the area. Her roommate is also very friendly and helpful.
I'd stay there again.
The apartment is very clean, tidy and gorgeously quirky. Although Giancinta was not around, she left very detailed instructions and communicated very well so that my stay went seamlessly.
As I stayed over the weekend, it was a little noisy outside, apart from that it was lovely.
Giacinta was a good host! I didn't met her because she was in Paris, but she made sure I had the keys and organized things well and efficently. Her roomate is a kind and helpful persone too!
Convenient apt near the Subway, in my fave neighbourhood. Giacinta was very helpful before my stay and left info and recommendations for local bars/restaurants. I had a great time- thanks :)
Giacinta was a great guest and she was lovely to have in our home. I hope she enjoyed our house as much as we're happy to have her.
Giacinta was very interested in what we had to tell her about Dublin . She showed our house great respect and we would have her back anytime.
I have known Giacinta for about 5 years now. She is a nice person, very thoughtful, always willing to help. Both the flat and the room are really adorable. Her cat likes attention but when I stayed at her home it was so peaceful and quiet I did not even notice its presence. The location of the flat is spectacular: in the heart of Manhattan, close to the many attractions of New York. I am sure you will enjoy your stay!