Swedish living in the South of France since 8 years. Manage an event company so we can also help with arrange your stay in the region.
The apartment is extremely well located, spacious and clean.The kitchen is well equiped, everything you need is there. It is in a very old building but properly refurbished.
We did have some problems though, with a toilet and with the water heater, both of which where not working properly. Because Mario, the owner, was out of town that gave us some trouble and we had to wait for a technician to come and fix it.
Also, because of its location, some people will find it noisy during the night with the nearby busy bars and cafes.
All in all I think it is a reasonable option but not a luxury one, and for the price I would most likely try to find something else next time.
Great apartment in the old town of Nice. Some noise from the outside streets.
Great apartment in a really good location in Old Town. Right by the all the bars, restaurants, shops, sea, castle hill etc. Use of all facilities was explained to us on arrival and host was very helpful in answering queries prior to arrival
3 friends and I stayed in this apartment at the end of September 2012. The apartment is stunningly beautiful, spacious, modern and clean. The location in Old Town is exceptional.
* Right around the corner from a square with a number of restaurants, gelaterias and shops
* 1-3 minute walks to a lot of different bars and pubs
* 1-2 minute walk to the beach
* Countless restaurants within a few blocks
* 3-5 minute walk to the tram which can quickly take you to the train station, or some of the more touristy parts of Nice with lots of shopping
* Just at the bottom of the hill from Castle Hill (make this short hike up for gorgeous panoramic views of Nice and the sea, plus a great waterfall)
The apartment has great TVs, a nicely-wired sound system in the living room, fast WiFi, a wonderful shower (with plenty of hot water!), and a spacious jacuzzi tub. Easy-to-open windows throughout the apartment for fresh air.
Ingrid speaks perfect english and was very easy to communicate with, and even provided her cell number to text for any questions or concerns. This was a relief and made the whole experience less stressful than other stays have been.
A few things to keep in mind if you book this apartment:
* 800 euro cash deposit on day 1 (to cover any damage to the jacuzzi, among other things). This amount seemed very high (in fact, no other apartment we rented on our 2 week Europe vacation requested a deposit), but we got it back on the day we checked out after a brief inspection of the apartment by Ingrid.
* The apartment is 3 floors up with no lift, so be prepared to walk up some stairs! This was not a problem for us, just a bit tough after a long day of walking, or a night of drinking. :-)
All-in-all this was a stunning apartment that spoiled us for the rest of our trip. Very reasonably-priced and comfortable to stay in. I would recommend renting this place!
The apartment is very spacious and cleaned, great contemporary decor and with a seriouslly well equipped kitchen for those whom enjoy cooking and serving a delicious meal, everything you need is there.
Mario, was waiting for us at the arranged place and time and made us all feel very welcomed. Mario also always replied to my messages promptly.
* Located right in the heart of the Old town, the flat offers easy access to the best of Nice. The only down side of our stay was that due to its location, it can be quite noisy during the night with the near by busy bars and cafes and people on their way home/hotels. IF however, you are used to noise and it is not at all a problem for you, THIS flat is indeed a lovely place to have during your stay in Beautiful Nice. The flat, I believe, was built back in the16th Century which means that no air conditioning/ double glazing windows are allowed.
We enjoyed our time there, but for some of us, the "noise" coming from outside was a problem. Will I consider booking this flat again for my next visit?
The reservation was canceled 23 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.