Response from Heather & Paul:
Your stay was the only negative experience we’ve had with guests. To your credit, we had one unusual issue during your stay. This one issue resulted in a negative experience for everyone. Despite us trying to take corrective action, we could not provide a solution you were happy with.
1) The guests who accidently took your room came in very late the night before and despite clear instructions, mistakenly took your room because they did not speak English and did not follow directions (they made an honest mistake).
2) We clearly communicated the situation with you and offered both a COMPLETE refund and to find you an affordable, nearby room within 15 minutes, but you decided to stay against our recommendation that we find you a room nearby.
3) The $12 refund (was actually per night) and was the difference between the room you booked (private bath) and the room you stayed in (shared bath).
4) We have to be honest, we didn’t go the extra mile to accommodate you when you stayed because we wanted you to find other accommodations because of your very hostile and aggressive attitude. We had never experienced a guest with hostility and rage. Both guests reported that you were very aggressive in the house towards the Japanese couple who mistakenly took your room, stomping around, raising your voice and talking disrespectfully. Unfortunately, everyone felt very threatened and uncomfortable. The Japanese couple (non-English speakers) were very sweet and made an honest mistake. We felt horrible about your aggressive behavior towards them, and went the extra mile to ensure they had a good stay.
5) Shared bathroom: The downside of a shared bathroom is that it’s difficult to ensure that it’s clean after every use, especially when it's being shared with children. The guests you were sharing your bathroom with had a young child and the bathtub became dirty while they were using it. I noticed a lot of black sand that collects around the edges, but not grease. It was deep cleaned 1 day before you checked in. We apologize for the sandy bath and have decided to add an outdoor shower for sandy guests to use.