See (website hidden)
Tim has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Fantastic location close to all of Montreal's delicious restaurants and cool shopping, with a short metro ride or walk to downtown! We stayed at this charming 4th floor one bedroom apartment for 10 days in May and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Working with Tim was very easy as he has a comprehensive information sheet that he sends out prior to arrival. He was very prompt with responses to text messages/Airbnb messages regarding the internet password and getting a second set of keys. No personal interaction was required during the stay, as the keys remain in a lock box in the lobby for the renter to pick up on the day of arrival, and to leave there on departure. We really appreciated feeling as though the space was our own. It has a well equipped kitchen and a nice space for hosting dinner parties and guests (which we did on several occasions). The only complaint we have is that the bedroom wall is extremely thin - we could hear everything from the apartment bedroom next door, including the alarm that went off most mornings at 5 am and could go on for a good half hour to an hour. Aside from this, though, our stay was wonderful. We would come back again!
I stayed at Tim's apartment for 8 days, I had a very good experience. The location of the apartment was perfect, one block from Times Squard and the Port Authority Bus Terminal (possible bus and subway to get anywhere in NY and out of town). Upon reaching the apartment was as arranged, clean rooms and bathrooms, possessed all utensils and equipment, internet working. I recommend to stay in this apartment.
We had a great stay at the cottage outside of Stoneham. It is a 30-40 minute drive from downtown Quebec, and it so private and quiet. The cottage has a great feel. There is a beautiful stone fireplace on the main floor, and all the ammenities you could ever need. The kitchen is huge, and there is a ton of room to host lots of people. The hot tub was great, there are loads of clean linens and towels and there is a really good washer and drier in the basement. I would definitely stay at the cottage again!
Me and 10 other friends booked the house for 2 nights for the Thanksgiving weekend.
When we made the reservation, we had the disappointment to find out that the price offered had significantly increased compared to the price mentioned on the Airbnb page which was supposed to be for the whole house without additional fees for extra people.
The second surprise came when this rental company (and not an individual as expected) required me to pay a higher security deposit and this through Paypal instead of the usual Airbnb procedure. After resolving this last issue, we didn't have any other problem afterwards.
The key pickup was easy and the house was very well equiped with everything you possibly need to cook, relax, enjoy your time indoor and outdoor. However, the 2 bedrooms and the bathroom in the basement would need a bit of improvement to measure up with the other bedrooms and bathrooms on the main and second floors.
The surrounding is beautiful and really quiet. The hot tub was a real pleasure after an intensive hike at Parc de la Jacques-Cartier located about 10 minutes away.
We rented Tim's mountain house for 6 weeks this summer.
The location is very nice:
- at the very end of a mountain road
- creek running in the backyard which was very fun for the kids to play
- real close (5 minutes) to Jacques Cartier State Park
The house is a bit old and could use some maintenance work. It is well equipped though (new hot tub, pool table in the basement, satellite TV), and pretty comfortable.
The 2 main issues we faced though:
- we expected high speed Internet, and a week before checking in, Tim sent an email with the house rules which said the Internet was just a 3G USB stick to be used only for email or light surfing; that was a show stopper for us, so we worked with Tim to have his quota increased and we shared the bill; the cell coverage in the house was nonexistent though; Tim shipped us a cell signal amplifier next-day to address this; so we had Internet, but I wish the listing would have been properly explaining what was the Internet connectivity situation, as being on 3G for 6 weeks was definitely painful
- the house was not clean the day we arrived; there were spiderwebs all over, plenty of mildew in the fridge as old food was left over, toilets were dirty, etc.; Tim explained there was an outage with no power and water the day before we arrived which prevented the cleaning lady to do her job; he gave us a credit for that, but we ended up spending a day to clean up the place which was definitely annoying, even more as we were not staying for a few nights but 6 weeks, so things should have been done to ensure everything was as perfect as possible on our arrival day
The house was beautiful. The stream behind the house was a great place for the children to play. The hot tub on the deck was relaxing after hiking in the park. We were a five minute drive from Jacques-Cartier Park. Wonderful!