Visit create.airbnb.com »
Thanks for taking the time to report this user.
Your participation helps keep Airbnb a safe and trusted
community, and it doesn't go unnoticed!
Welcome to Paris. I look forward to having you as guests and make sure you experience the Capitale at its best with my true parisian neighborhood.
Every Superhost has their own style, but they've all reached key hospitality goals.
See What Makes a Superhost
Congratulations, you're a Superhost! We'll reward you with priority support, product previews and more.
Review Your Rewards
Sonia has completed online and offline ID verification.
Learn more »
Sonia's apartment is tastefully decorated, spacious, comfortable, very clean, warm, light and airy with a great view. Sonia was helpful and responsive. The location is amazing, about 5-10 minutes walk from Gare du Nord.
Just a few things which didn't bother me but you may want to be aware of:
- the flat is six floors up, with no lift (quite normal for Paris and means you have a lovely view, but hard work with a suitcase!)
- there is no microwave
- the toilet flush got a bit stuck at one point, but after I jiggled the plastic mechanism around a bit it worked fine.
Thanks Sonia for a lovely stay!
I really felt at home during my stay at Sonia's place. The view is amazing and I loved my little home in Paris. I hope I can come and stay next time I'm in Paris, I'd love to come back!
I believe my second visit to Paris was my best yet, thanks to Sonia's lovely apartment in the middle of a well-connected and up-and-coming neighborhood of the 10e. The climb up the six flights of stairs aren't for the faint of heart, but the view of the Eiffel Tower is worthy every breath. Sonia welcomed us with carrot cake, and even with a toddler and my partner, we felt the apartment was spacious and comfortable. I would recommend this room to anyone coming to Paris for the first or tenth stay, you won't be disappointed!
Sonia was a lovely host even that we didn't meet personally each other. She arranged everything for our stay and provided us with useful information about the city, neighborhood and her apartment.
Sonia was absolutely professional, prompt, and delightful. As our schedule had some slight flexes, she was extremely accommodating, and even went out of her way to make us feel welcome and comfortable.
The flat was incredible. A beautiful respite atop a lofty flight of stairs with a view that makes the climb more than worth it. The flat had everything that we could have ever needed, including wifi, multiple maps of the city and metro, and beautiful art work. Some may find the bathroom small, but we came to the conclusion that it was very charming.
We sincerely hope that every AirBnB host is as professional and accommodating as Sonia is.
Sonia's apartment is a great base to explore Paris from. It's a 3 minute walk to Gare de l'Est metro station so you can get anywhere in Paris centre easy. In addition, a 10 minute walk gets you to Gare du Nord station for airport connections.
The apartment is spacious and clean. It's also quiet which is a surprise after you've seen how busy the street below is. And the view of the Eiffel Tower - it isn't done justice by the listing's photos! It's particularly impressive at night.
Sonia gave us a warm welcome and provided us with lots of useful information.
The apartment was exactly as described and very enjoyable to stay in. Good location for travelling around the city. Sonia was very helpful and welcoming. We especially enjoyed the tips on restaurants and bars from Sonia and other previous guests. Recommended.
We were 3 people and had a fantastic time in this lovely little apartment. Highlights were of course the view over the roofs of Paris for breakfast and the illuminated Eiffel tower at night. Everything else, from the warm wooden floor, to the beds, kitchen and the bathroom was also nice and suits this place. We absolutely recommend to stay here for anyone who wishes a retreat to relax in between seeing this busy city and does not mind the few additional stairs that are definitely worth it.
very cute and tidy home, a few miscommunications afterwards but overall the experience was good!
Great experience, would definitely recommend!
* Quiet - All windows open to the inside courtyard, not the busy and loud street.
* Can be completely dark for sleeping - Windows have shutters
* Secure - Outer door w/ keypad, inner door w/ keypad, three bolts on door
* Great location - Easy walk to Gare du Nord, can see Gare de l'Est from end of street. Grocery store is close by
* Fully stocked - Kitchen, bathroom, AC power adapters
* Good WiFi - 11mbps down, 1 up, ~28ms ping.
* Nice shower - Clean, good amount of room, good pressure. Water temperature can wander a bit, though. I think it is due to being on the top floor in an older building, with an older on-demand gas heater. But, carefully set it in the middle of your temperature range to start, make very small adjustments, and you'll be fine.
* Great view!
* Comfortable bed
* Towels were nice and clean, and smelled good
* Spiral stair case is rather tight. Nothing negative against the apartment, Sonia says in the description that there is no elevator, but I would caution those that have health considerations that would affect their ability to get themselves and luggage to the apartment.
* The windows open out to the side, and can lean back at the top. Very cool!
* Can get hot - Seems like air conditioning is a rarity for Parisian apartments on AirBnB or (website hidden), so its not like Sonia's place is out of the ordinary in not having it. But, since there is no way to get a cross breeze, it can get pretty warm. We were there on days in the low to mid 80s (F), and while it was comfortable enough while awake, it was warmer than I prefer for sleeping. Being that I also prefer it dark, I had to chose between whatever air I could get through the open windows, or darkness. HOWEVER, it was not so warm that I couldn't get to sleep. I wouldn't let it discourage someone from staying there.
* It appears that somebody may live here some of the time. Not a problem, but just know that the freezer is already most of the way full and various storage pieces have stuff in them.
Overall, I'd say it was an elevator and air conditioner short of perfect. But, neither of those items are a big deal, and both are mentioned in the apartment description. The only surprises were pleasant ones, and it was a very positive experience. I recommend it without reservation, and should we come back to Paris I highly doubt we will be looking for a different place to stay.